Choose an Event
Ashburn, VA 20149
We’re sorry, there are no events scheduled for this area. Please change your location to see seminars.
Choose a New Location
Bring this training to your location.
Have a group of 25 or more people?
Try private, onsite team training.
Bring this topic, or any of our 200+ topics,
to your location with customized training.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.
Already attended this seminar?
"I have been a member of Fred Pryor for almost three years now and I have yet to attend a class that didn't have valuable information that would benefit my company and/or our employees."”
— Teri M.
"Excellent!! As always, Fred Pryor's courses are easy to follow, very informative and presented in a format that keeps your attention!!"”
— Cynthia S.
"I enjoy all of the seminars that I attend through the Fred Pryor Training Rewards program. They are very informative and the instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful."”
— Tasha M.
"Excellent info for all levels of users. There are always things to add to your "bag of tricks"."”
— Wendy S.
"Wow! I have taken many wonderful courses through Fred Pryor; this one takes the cake!!"”
— Dana N.
"Top notch! Thank you Fred Pryor, this is the best investment my boss could have made."”
— Lewis C.
"I received a lot of great information in this training. Several co-workers went with me which was a great help for me to start implementing some of the changes we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that need to get to me. It was like Fred Pryor and the trainer had my back!"”
— Tasha C.
No matter how busy you are, your organization depends on you to project a professional image, a first impression people will remember and respect for months to come.
In just a half-day, you will discover how to improve your skills and better support everyone in your organization — right up to the managing director. You also will learn how to manage the stress that comes naturally with your hectic schedule, and enjoy your job more in the process.
This program is packed with the tools and techniques receptionists need to face challenges confidently, tackle growing responsibilities, and maintain composure amidst chaos. You will learn to manage your time better … deal with all types of people … handle conflict with tact and poise … and make a positive and polished first impression.
Here's what you will gain
- The 10-second rule: How to create first impressions to match your company’s image
- Ways to stay fresh, alert and sincere all day long
- The best ways to greet, interrupt or transfer people on the telephone
- How to adjust your voice (volume, tone and pitch) to project confidence and friendliness
- How to be more assertive, yet polite
- When everyone wants your attention: How to juggle multiple priorities and still keep your sanity
- How to screen people without offending them (and get the information you need)
- Positive phrasing techniques to calm irate callers
- How to make sure you always have coverage for breaks, holidays, training and sick leave
- 3 exercises you can do at your desk to relieve tension
- How to develop a reference book that keeps valuable information at your fingertips
- Cleanliness vs. clutter: How to become organized and stay that way
- Tips for improving teamwork with other support staff
- How to reassure a guest who has been waiting a long time
- How to deal with people who demand too much, ramble on, are confused or seem too aggressive
- How to create internal telephone lists that do more than just list telephone numbers
- Cross-training: How to expand your role in the company
*Price may vary by location and date.