Choose an Event
LIVE ONLINE SEMINARS
PRIVATE TEAM TRAINING
Bring this topic or 200+ other training opportunities to your location in-person or online.
Already attended this seminar?
"I have been a member of Fred Pryor for almost three years now and I have yet to attend a class that didn't have valuable information that would benefit my company and/or our employees."”
— Teri M.
"Excellent!! As always, Fred Pryor's courses are easy to follow, very informative and presented in a format that keeps your attention!!"”
— Cynthia S.
"I enjoy all of the seminars that I attend through the Fred Pryor Training Rewards program. They are very informative and the instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful."”
— Tasha M.
"Excellent info for all levels of users. There are always things to add to your "bag of tricks"."”
— Wendy S.
"Wow! I have taken many wonderful courses through Fred Pryor; this one takes the cake!!"”
— Dana N.
"Top notch! Thank you Fred Pryor, this is the best investment my boss could have made."”
— Lewis C.
"I received a lot of great information in this training. Several co-workers went with me which was a great help for me to start implementing some of the changes we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that need to get to me. It was like Fred Pryor and the trainer had my back!"”
— Tasha C.
Learn PowerPoint skills guaranteed to keep your audience thoroughly engaged in your presentation and riveted to your message
Presentations are precious opportunities. They're your "day in the sun" to sell, persuade, inform, educate, attract, and entertain. If you botch a presentation, you seldom get a second chance to do it over.
Amateur presenters make the mistake of thinking that the more multimedia wizardry they can put in their dog-and-pony shows, the more effective they are. Not true. No amount of technological pyrotechnics can make up for poor organization or weak delivery skills.
Whether you present for a living … present occasionally … or have never presented before, enhanced PowerPoint skills will make your job easier — and your presentations far more professional.
Understanding PowerPoint — Mastering the Basics and Beyond
- The hardware and software you'll need for creating and delivering every type of presentation
- Elements of a professional PowerPoint presentation — text, tables, charts, clip art, photos, movies, sound
- How to use Wizards to create compelling presentations instantly, with just a few clicks of your mouse
- PowerPoint's ribbon — making the most of its shortcuts and personalizing it for your own uses
- Step-by-step guidance for creating a PowerPoint presentation from beginning to end
- How to use built-in templates and themes for professional presentations in practically no time at all
- Quick ways to tweak, customize and put your own stamp on presentations
Using PowerPoint to Put — and Keep — Your Audience in the Palm of Your Hand
- Animation and multimedia that get your audience involved
- How to liven up even the dullest charts and graphs with exciting special effects
- Ways to create flow through transitions that hold viewers' attention
- How AutoCorrect nabs errors before they're projected larger than life
- The right format, style, and language to reach your audience
Following Sound Design and Layout Advice to Make Your Presentations Visually Irresistible
- How to give continuity to your presentations by using themes to unify your slides, handouts, reports, spreadsheets, and more
- Secrets to arranging, positioning, aligning, and sizing PowerPoint objects
- The most effective ways to select text
- How your color choices can help — or hurt — your message
- Valuable time-savers to help you rearrange text, topics, titles, or bullet points
- The trick to setting up numbered lists and outlines
- Tips for using effects, fonts, and high-impact graphics
- Techniques for creating a template from a past presentation that works
- How to prepare speaker notes, meeting notes, and audience handouts
Buffing and Polishing Your Presentation
- How to make the right graphic choices for your presentation
- How to leverage text effects to keep an audience focused on your message
- Techniques for inserting animated GIFs and using picture bullets
- Ways to integrate PowerPoint with Word, FrontPage® , Excel® , and Outlook®
- Use your own images, SmartArt® , or find what you need at OfficeOnline®
- How to convert your presentation into handouts, manuals, and Word documents easily
- Output options — printed, on screen, and over the Internet or an intranet
- How to print successfully in color — and in trickier black and white
- Guidelines for eye-catching handouts, slides, and transparencies
Putting Advanced PowerPoint Tips and Techniques Into Action
- How to create a "looping show" for preshows, breaks, exit shows, and kiosks
- A look at controlling navigation with interaction objects and hyperlinks
- The basics of conferencing and network presentations
Running More Effective Meetings with PowerPoint
- How to insert comments into your presentations
- Ways to take meeting notes during a presentation
- Tips for creating an automatic agenda slide
- How to add interest to meetings with PowerPoint's slide show features
- "Action items" — how to use them to compel meeting members to act on your message
Taking Your Show on the Road
- How the Pack and Go Wizard ensures you won't forget anything
- Computers, televisions, and projectors as part of your presentation
- How to customize one show for multiple audiences
- Strategies for troubleshooting hardware and presentation problems