Choose an Event
Ashburn, VA 20149
Bring this training to your location.
Have a group of 25 or more people?
Try private, onsite team training.
Bring this topic, or any of our 200+ topics,
to your location with customized training.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.
Already attended this seminar?
"I have been a member of Fred Pryor for almost three years now and I have yet to attend a class that didn't have valuable information that would benefit my company and/or our employees."”
— Teri M.
"Excellent!! As always, Fred Pryor's courses are easy to follow, very informative and presented in a format that keeps your attention!!"”
— Cynthia S.
"I enjoy all of the seminars that I attend through the Fred Pryor Training Rewards program. They are very informative and the instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful."”
— Tasha M.
"Excellent info for all levels of users. There are always things to add to your "bag of tricks"."”
— Wendy S.
"Wow! I have taken many wonderful courses through Fred Pryor; this one takes the cake!!"”
— Dana N.
"Top notch! Thank you Fred Pryor, this is the best investment my boss could have made."”
— Lewis C.
"I received a lot of great information in this training. Several co-workers went with me which was a great help for me to start implementing some of the changes we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that need to get to me. It was like Fred Pryor and the trainer had my back!"”
— Tasha C.
You won't find a faster, easier way to learn Access…
In one of the most productive days you'll ever spend, we'll give you all the training you'll need to put Access to work the very next day. GUARANTEED!
Access can be your best friend when it comes to…
- Creating a customer mailing list
- Billing and refunds
- Monitoring expenses
- Tracking incoming orders and outgoing shipments
- Cataloging photographs, clip art, and multimedia resources
- Maintaining employee files
- Keeping time logs
- Monitoring sales performance and histories
- Storing subscriber or donor records
- Managing investment portfolios
- Maintaining vendor profiles
- Planning events or trade shows
Information management and its role in business
- What a database is — and what it isn’t
- The many roles databases can play in helping you manage and improve your business
- “Flat file” vs. “relational databases” — how they differ and when to use one or the other
The planning stage of a data management system
- How to decide which data you need to manage
- Why it’s critical to determine what information you want your database to provide — before you create it
- How to be sure the complexity of your database doesn’t exceed the skill level of those who will be using it
- Tips for eliminating redundancy and optimizing your database
Step by step, how to create an Access database
- The all-important distinctions between tables, queries, forms and reports
- How to leverage the power of Wizards and other Access features to automate the creation of your databases
- How to modify Wizard-created databases, tables, forms and reports
What you should know about Access tables
- Three different ways to create tables — how to determine which is best in each situation
- Database fields explained — how to choose the right ones
- How to avoid the common pitfalls in defining fields
- A look at importing data from other databases
- What a “primary key” is — and how to pick the right one
Explore the Big Picture
- Start with the basics: Understanding the nature of a database
- Access vs. Excel: Pick the right program for your project
- Speak Access – A guide to database terminology
- Decipher data elements ranging from tables, queries, forms and reports
- Navigate through the Access workspace and environment
Plan Your Database
- Design a database that fits your data and projects needs
- Plan, plan, plan – What to consider before you build
- Find and use the data you want quickly and easily
- Determine data objects ahead of time to avoid costly reworks later
- Learn tips, tools and tricks for reducing redundancy and save time
- Use proven strategies that help optimize and improve your database structure
Create Database Structure
- Enter, add, delete and change the data in your tables with ease
- Create tables and fields that work for you
- Learn the different views and how to create a table in each of them
- Choose the right fields and create the right tables the first time
- Discover what a Primary Key is and how to choose which one to use
- Understand relationships – make your tables talk
- Generate automatic Access forms and simplify for easy data entry and retrieval for any user
Populate Your Database
- Keep your database running smoothly, even with high volumes of data
- Working with external data – import and export like the pros
- Back up your data to avoid costly mistakes
- Get the best of both worlds – Excel’s ease of use with the power of Access
- Don’t reinvent the wheel – modify and customize existing forms
- Cut down on data entry errors with validation rules to save time and energy
- To link or not to link – determine the best way pull external info into your database
Find and Retrieve Data
- Fine-tune data display using Find, Filter and Sort
- Sort and search more quickly and effectively than ever before
- Learn what a query is, a powerful, often underutilized feature
- Revolutionize your decisions by creating queries that extract and analyze your data
- Use different types of criteria to get the results you need
- To wizard or not to wizard – when to use automated walkthroughs and when you’re better off going it alone
Collaborate and Share
- Use the Reports Wizard to share an informative story about your data
- Customize Reports in the Design view
- Print your reports successfully the first time
- Customize Access for different users
- Make your database friendly for all users with Forms
*Price may vary by location and date.