Choose an Event
LIVE ONLINE SEMINARS
PRIVATE TEAM TRAINING
Bring this topic or 200+ other training opportunities to your location in-person or online.
Already attended this seminar?
"I have been a member of Fred Pryor for almost three years now and I have yet to attend a class that didn't have valuable information that would benefit my company and/or our employees."”
— Teri M.
"Excellent!! As always, Fred Pryor's courses are easy to follow, very informative and presented in a format that keeps your attention!!"”
— Cynthia S.
"I enjoy all of the seminars that I attend through the Fred Pryor Training Rewards program. They are very informative and the instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful."”
— Tasha M.
"Excellent info for all levels of users. There are always things to add to your "bag of tricks"."”
— Wendy S.
"Wow! I have taken many wonderful courses through Fred Pryor; this one takes the cake!!"”
— Dana N.
"Top notch! Thank you Fred Pryor, this is the best investment my boss could have made."”
— Lewis C.
"I received a lot of great information in this training. Several co-workers went with me which was a great help for me to start implementing some of the changes we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that need to get to me. It was like Fred Pryor and the trainer had my back!"”
— Tasha C.
Improve yourself and your relationships with others using the most effective tools of modern psychology to conquer tough situations and stay calm and productive under pressure. Learn to break bad habits, master self-discipline and realize actual behavior and performance change in less than half a day of training. In this 3-hour interactive seminar, explore the causes of heightened emotional reactions and methods to develop practical strategies for handling those reactions and communicating through them.
Gain the ability to control how emotions manifest instead of allowing the emotions to take center stage and dictate behavior. Proven techniques promise to increase self-awareness and provide tools to handle emotions positively. Broken into three sections, this seminar will focus on understanding emotions, dealing with strong emotions and how to communicate through emotions. The stress-management system taught in this seminar is simple — and proven. Let it help you live a happier, more productive and less stressful personal and professional life.
What You'll Learn
- How to understand emotional triggers and the ways emotions develop.
- Strategies to change your reaction and keep your emotions in check.
- Ways to create a Circle of Influence to focus on things you can control.
- When dealing with strong emotions that may overpower, learn how to retain control.
- Tips on how to respond when others cry, along with handling anger in the moment.
- Solutions for challenging your perceptions when anger begins to intensify.
- How to deal with sadness and anger.
- When communicating, learn to use non-confrontational “I” statements to address people and issues.
- Ways to give and accept feedback for a more productive response.
- Methods to improve performance through behavior changes in yourself, your employees and others.