Choose an Event
We’re sorry, there are no events scheduled for this area. Please change your location to see seminars.
Choose a New Location
Bring this training to your location.
Have a group of 25 or more people?
Try private, onsite team training.
Bring this topic, or any of our 200+ topics,
to your location with customized training.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.
Leadership is a skill and therefore can be learned or acquired. This dispels the myth that people are either born leaders or not. Leadership requires tremendous effort. As discovered through this session, leadership also has tremendous rewards. Although leaders may emerge as a by-product of the group processes, this is neither an economical nor an effective way to developing leadership. Everyone wins when the organization moves from “leading from the top” to cultivating leaders from within.
In just one day, big benefits you'll see immediately:
- Feel more comfortable and confident in your role as a leader
- Keep problems from turning into crises
- Increase team effectiveness
- Speak with more confidence and persuasion
- Ease the resistance to change
- Avoid the unethical behaviors that have plagued other business leaders
Laying the Groundwork and Defining Leadership
- Differentiate between managing and leading
- Discover good management skills and what you need to know to become a true leader
- Discover the many roles of a leader and the importance they play in your success as a leader
- Gain a better understanding of the differences between power and authority, and the impact they have on your ability to influence others
- Identify what influences you have over the motivation of others – and find out how you can use this to gain greater productivity
Developing Strategic Leadership Styles
- Discover your personal leadership style and the qualities of a good leader
- Learn how to appreciate the strengths of others
- Determine which strategies work most effectively when working with others
- When the pressure’s on - techniques for successfully leading others
Leadership Principles: Moving From Manager to Leader
- Identify the "must know" leadership principles and learn how to apply them to yourself
- Honesty, trust and integrity -- these three words go a long way to developing strong, effective leaders
- Team leadership principles that will create a productive team environment and strengthen your existing team
- Develop your own unique leadership strengths
- Tips to lead through conflict and avoid destroying trust that will be damaged if left unresolved
- Communication strategies for successful leadership
Putting Leadership Into Practice
- What you need to do to be a positive force for change in your organization
- Tips for easing the resistance to change
- Ethics and leadership: taking a look at the relationship between the two and the impact on your decision making
- Strategies for identifying your team’s talents…and recognizing the potential leaders among them
- Develop an action plan to move you toward becoming a more effective leader within your organization
*Price may vary by location and date.