Choose an Event
LIVE ONLINE SEMINARS
PRIVATE TEAM TRAINING
Bring this topic or 200+ other training opportunities to your location in-person or online.
Already attended this seminar?
"I have been a member of Fred Pryor for almost three years now and I have yet to attend a class that didn't have valuable information that would benefit my company and/or our employees."”
— Teri M.
"Excellent!! As always, Fred Pryor's courses are easy to follow, very informative and presented in a format that keeps your attention!!"”
— Cynthia S.
"I enjoy all of the seminars that I attend through the Fred Pryor Training Rewards program. They are very informative and the instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful."”
— Tasha M.
"Excellent info for all levels of users. There are always things to add to your "bag of tricks"."”
— Wendy S.
"Wow! I have taken many wonderful courses through Fred Pryor; this one takes the cake!!"”
— Dana N.
"Top notch! Thank you Fred Pryor, this is the best investment my boss could have made."”
— Lewis C.
"I received a lot of great information in this training. Several co-workers went with me which was a great help for me to start implementing some of the changes we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that need to get to me. It was like Fred Pryor and the trainer had my back!"”
— Tasha C.
Offered as an abridged version of our full day seminar sharing the same name, this 3.5-hour seminar is perfect for those who need to glean key concepts in a shorter time span.
While it is true that some people are born with natural leadership abilities, the reality is leadership potential exists within each of us; however, that potential can be triggered by outside events, or it can be learned by exploring ourselves from within. This 3-hour interactive seminar conveys the tried and true techniques of leadership. Build confidence and learn to see all sides of an issue, stay calm during chaos and easily defuse conflicts.
Great leaders bring out the best in others because they know how to build trust, encourage confidence, and command respect. Most importantly, great leaders inspire others to follow their initiatives, adapt their ideas and perform above and beyond their own capabilities on a regular basis. What is it that makes a leader and what separates the good from the great? How can you become a more powerful, effective and respected leader? This seminar will explore and examine what makes a great leader. You will learn how to bring the best out of your people, and lead from a position of firmness, fairness and quiet strength. Additionally, you will be empowered, inspired, and you will experience a boost in your confidence as a leader.
What You'll Learn
- Discover the areas where women traditionally lack power as leaders and learn how to overcome gender-bias as an obstacle to success.
- Understand the people you lead and how to adapt your leadership style.
- Identify the characteristics and mindset all successful women share.
- Determine your own unique leadership style and use it to your advantage.
- Discern what you should know about working with different age groups: Veterans, Boomers, Generation X, Generation Y and Millennials.
- Evaluate the dos and don’ts of leading others.
- Determine the connection between your leadership and personality style.
- Overcome leadership weaknesses and capitalize on your strengths.
- Learn how to set goals and take charge of the future.
- Discuss the characteristics of effective leaders in the 21st century workplace (Hint: they’re not what they once were).
- Embrace what women bring to the leadership role: a look at our unique contribution.
- Learn how to use assertive, persuasive, and high impact communication to gain buy-in and inspire your team to do what needs to be done.
- Understand the value of influence to gain respect and credibility.
- Learn how to motivate your team to do their best and position yourself as a powerful, effective leader.