Offered as an abridged version of our full day seminar sharing the same name, this 3.5-hour seminar is perfect for those who need to glean key concepts in a shorter time span.
While it is true that some people are born with natural leadership abilities, the reality is leadership potential exists within each of us; however, that potential can be triggered by outside events, or it can be learned by exploring ourselves from within. This 3-hour interactive seminar conveys the tried and true techniques of leadership. Build confidence and learn to see all sides of an issue, stay calm during chaos and easily defuse conflicts.
Great leaders bring out the best in others because they know how to build trust, encourage confidence, and command respect. Most importantly, great leaders inspire others to follow their initiatives, adapt their ideas and perform above and beyond their own capabilities on a regular basis. What is it that makes a leader and what separates the good from the great? How can you become a more powerful, effective and respected leader? This seminar will explore and examine what makes a great leader. You will learn how to bring the best out of your people, and lead from a position of firmness, fairness and quiet strength. Additionally, you will be empowered, inspired, and you will experience a boost in your confidence as a leader.
What You'll Learn
- Discover the areas where women traditionally lack power as leaders and learn how to overcome gender-bias as an obstacle to success.
- Understand the people you lead and how to adapt your leadership style.
- Identify the characteristics and mindset all successful women share.
- Determine your own unique leadership style and use it to your advantage.
- Discern what you should know about working with different age groups: Veterans, Boomers, Generation X, Generation Y and Millennials.
- Evaluate the dos and don’ts of leading others.
- Determine the connection between your leadership and personality style.
- Overcome leadership weaknesses and capitalize on your strengths.
- Learn how to set goals and take charge of the future.
- Discuss the characteristics of effective leaders in the 21st century workplace (Hint: they’re not what they once were).
- Embrace what women bring to the leadership role: a look at our unique contribution.
- Learn how to use assertive, persuasive, and high impact communication to gain buy-in and inspire your team to do what needs to be done.
- Understand the value of influence to gain respect and credibility.
- Learn how to motivate your team to do their best and position yourself as a powerful, effective leader.