Choose an Event
PRIVATE TEAM TRAINING
Bring this topic or 200+ other training opportunities to your location in-person or online.
Already attended this seminar?
"I have been a member of Fred Pryor for almost three years now and I have yet to attend a class that didn't have valuable information that would benefit my company and/or our employees."”
— Teri M.
"Excellent!! As always, Fred Pryor's courses are easy to follow, very informative and presented in a format that keeps your attention!!"”
— Cynthia S.
"I enjoy all of the seminars that I attend through the Fred Pryor Training Rewards program. They are very informative and the instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful."”
— Tasha M.
"Excellent info for all levels of users. There are always things to add to your "bag of tricks"."”
— Wendy S.
"Wow! I have taken many wonderful courses through Fred Pryor; this one takes the cake!!"”
— Dana N.
"Top notch! Thank you Fred Pryor, this is the best investment my boss could have made."”
— Lewis C.
"I received a lot of great information in this training. Several co-workers went with me which was a great help for me to start implementing some of the changes we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that need to get to me. It was like Fred Pryor and the trainer had my back!"”
— Tasha C.
If you are frequently asked to produce newsletters, ads, reports, press releases and other pieces of designed marketing or business collateral, but feel like you don’t have the dedicated artistic skills to make those pieces look as though they have been produced with a design aesthetic – we’ve got you. Create effective and visually-appealing graphic designs that don’t require a master’s degree in art, or an innate talent for design with this 3.5-hour interactive course.
Receive an introduction to basic design principles that will help you communicate your brand’s message efficiently and effectively. Engage your reader with eye-appealing design that convinces them to complete the task you lay out before them.
What You'll Learn
- Prepare your copy for quick and easy comprehension.
- Create succinct and impactful messages.
- Learn the most effective types of copy and how to avoid “font-fails,” while maximizing legibility.
- Select impactful typefaces and complimentary font combinations.
- Choose graphics and color palettes that support your message and brand.
- Know what factors to consider when choosing between illustrations and photographs.
- Understand what elements need to be included in brand guidelines.
- Review the 7 Basic Design Principles: Emphasis, Balance / Alignment, Contrast, Repetition, Proportion, Movement and White Space.
- Draw your reader’s eye through your document and ensure they are seeing what you want them to see.
- Graphically spotlight ideas, benefits and product features, along with important messages.
- Learn what balance is and how to transition a piece from page to screen.
- Develop the ability to use white space as a graphic device.
- Know the basic typographic rules to follow (type size, column widths, spacing, kerning and tracking, etc.) for ease of readability.
- Use borders, sidebars and graphic shapes to separate visual elements and emphasize key content.
- Inspire creativity and work with an “inspiration” folder.
- Learn shortcuts and tools for creating beautiful documents in short time spans.
- Approach common design tasks such as brochures, flyers, newsletters and web pages with a grounded and factual knowledge of what works and what doesn’t.
Who Will Benefit
Small business owners, administrative staff, HR professionals, public relations and promotional staff, event planners — anyone and?everyone?who is responsible for designing in-house creative for any type of business communication.