Choose an Event
Dulles, VA 20149
Bring this training to your location.
Have a group of 25 or more people?
Try private, onsite team training.
Bring this topic, or any of our 200+ topics,
to your location with customized training.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.
Already attended this seminar?
"I have been a member of Fred Pryor for almost three years now and I have yet to attend a class that didn't have valuable information that would benefit my company and/or our employees."”
— Teri M.
"Excellent!! As always, Fred Pryor's courses are easy to follow, very informative and presented in a format that keeps your attention!!"”
— Cynthia S.
"I enjoy all of the seminars that I attend through the Fred Pryor Training Rewards program. They are very informative and the instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful."”
— Tasha M.
"Excellent info for all levels of users. There are always things to add to your "bag of tricks"."”
— Wendy S.
"Wow! I have taken many wonderful courses through Fred Pryor; this one takes the cake!!"”
— Dana N.
"Top notch! Thank you Fred Pryor, this is the best investment my boss could have made."”
— Lewis C.
"I received a lot of great information in this training. Several co-workers went with me which was a great help for me to start implementing some of the changes we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that need to get to me. It was like Fred Pryor and the trainer had my back!"”
— Tasha C.
Office managers: the "unsung heroes" of corporate America
As an office manager, you are responsible for everything from authorizing purchases and paying the bills to managing projects, deadlines and priorities, mediating conflicts and being the go-to expert for all questions, problems and office crises. You are the behind-the-scenes person who keeps your entire office running like clockwork. Others may not always be aware of just how much you accomplish, but one thing is certain — without you, your office would descend into chaos!
Whether you are a newer office manager searching for ways to take control of your job, an administrative professional with office management responsibilities, a small business owner looking to expand your office management capabilities or a seasoned office manager in the market for some updating and refreshing of skills, this course is a perfect one-day overview of essential tools, strategies and techniques you can put to use as soon as you return to the office.
This skill-packed seminar preps you for real-world challenges
In today's do-more-with-less workplace, it's tougher than ever to stay calm, focused and energized. As an office manager, you're being pulled in a million different directions, have likely been asked to take on added administrative responsibilities and are still expected to function at your highest level of productivity.
Office Management 101: A Look at the Fundamentals
- Your role as office manager — what to expect and what is expected of you
- Getting off to a successful start: ways to make sure you have access to the resources you'll need
- Your top three responsibilities — master these and the rest of your job will come easily!
- Creating your vision and getting others to accept and embrace it
- Rules every office manager must know to be successful
- How to establish your credibility with coworkers and upper management
Office Policy and Procedure
- Policies vs. procedures — defining the differences
- The benefits of policies and procedures: why they ensure a more effective work environment
- How to determine if your office needs a published policy and procedure manual
- The top 5 policies and procedures every office needs to operate smoothly and efficiently
- How to effectively implement office guidelines so that everyone is on the same page
- The risk of poorly written policies and procedures
- Bulletin boards and notices: making sure you meet posting requirements
How to Manage Multiple Tasks, Priorities and Deadlines
- The myth of "organized chaos"
- Files not piles: create a filing system that works for you
- Time management: how to identify and prioritize your most important accountabilities, responsibilities and deliverables
- What not to do on your to do list (this answer may surprise you!)
- What to do first when everything is a priority
- How to set goals that are measurable, attainable and results-focused
- When, what and how to delegate for minimum stress and optimal results
- How good communication habits can help you manage your time more effectively
- Keeping it all in balance — tips and tools to stay in control when you feel yourself slipping
People Problems: Dealing with Difficult Personalities, Defusing Conflicts and More
- 10 things to remember when dealing with difficult people
- The differences between internal and external complaints and the best ways to handle each
- Dealing with difficult personalities, negative attitudes and poor workplace behavior
- How to manage conflict without causing defensiveness or resentment
- Learn to accept and adapt to change with strength and confidence
- How to keep your emotions in check when trying to cool a heated situation
- Why listening is your greatest communication tool when dealing with difficult people
Taking Care of Business: Accounting, Payroll, Billing, Purchasing
- Basic accounting concepts to help you handle:
- Office expenditures
- Developing a budget
- Billing and purchasing
- Payroll rules and regulations
- Environmental concerns: how to create a leaner, "greener" office and still operate at optimum efficiency
*Price may vary by location and date.