Choose an Event
Dulles, VA 20149
We’re sorry, there are no events scheduled for this area. Please change your location to see seminars.
Choose a New Location
Bring this training to your location.
Have a group of 25 or more people?
Try private, onsite team training.
Bring this topic, or any of our 200+ topics,
to your location with customized training.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.
Already attended this seminar?
"I have been a member of Fred Pryor for almost three years now and I have yet to attend a class that didn't have valuable information that would benefit my company and/or our employees."”
— Teri M.
"Excellent!! As always, Fred Pryor's courses are easy to follow, very informative and presented in a format that keeps your attention!!"”
— Cynthia S.
"I enjoy all of the seminars that I attend through the Fred Pryor Training Rewards program. They are very informative and the instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful."”
— Tasha M.
"Excellent info for all levels of users. There are always things to add to your "bag of tricks"."”
— Wendy S.
"Wow! I have taken many wonderful courses through Fred Pryor; this one takes the cake!!"”
— Dana N.
"Top notch! Thank you Fred Pryor, this is the best investment my boss could have made."”
— Lewis C.
"I received a lot of great information in this training. Several co-workers went with me which was a great help for me to start implementing some of the changes we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that need to get to me. It was like Fred Pryor and the trainer had my back!"”
— Tasha C.
Practical tools, great ideas and savvy strategies for successfully managing your remote teams
- Seven secrets for assembling high performing remote work teams
- Best practices for tracking off-site employees performance and progress
- Four realities managers must understand about remote team meetings
- How to coach, counsel and mentor your remote workers from afar
- The top 10 ways managers “build or kill” off-site employee trust
- How to manage the flow of information for clear communication
- How to handle off-site power struggles, politics and employee conflicts
- And more
Assembling Your Remote Team
- Learn essential competencies every off-site manager must know
- Discover techniques to assess and hire motivated self-starters
- Develop skills to properly set up internal controls and reporting systems for monitoring individual and team performance
- Determine success by evaluating performance guidelines against key metrics
- Establish technological requirements, work flow and a process to trouble-shoot any challenges
- Set and maintain consistent quality standards by providing timely feedback
Conducting Virtual Meetings
- Establish an efficient and consistent recurringmeeting time and format
- Time saving strategies for developing agendas covering items of priority and delegation
- Discover key tips to add structure and accountability for off-site employees
- Ensure technology is up-to-date and not another hurdle along the way to meeting deadlines
- Focus on continuous improvement—eliminate work slowdowns, bottlenecks and other issues that impede progress
- Discourage unproductive status reports—focus on motivation, delivery and engagement
Building Trust Off-Site
- Learn effective strategies to build rapport and unity with multiple-location teams
- Top tips to avoid developing an “Us vs. Them” mentality
- Remember off-site doesn’t mean out-of-mind; conduct frequent “surprise” visits and provide honest feedback
- Stay connected and encourage team members to know when to call or schedule an in-person visit, versus when to email or videoconference
- Be a responsive and strong leader by providing clear direction and timely feedback to keep your employees and projects on track
- Discover strategies for strengthening remote employee morale and team trust
Enhancing Remote Communication Strategies
- Embrace differences that allow your remote teams to thrive
- Acknowledge different work styles and adapt for better collaboration
- Know your team members’ cultural backgrounds
- Extend the best of your company’s working culture to your remote employees—include them in in-office activities like costume contests, or virtual lunch and learns—extend an invitation to the yearly office party for important in-person catchups
- Stay informed of newsworthy events in your off-site employees’ geographic areas
- Identify and work to champion broader corporate goals and objectives, while explaining how they are tied to the projects your remote employees are undertaking
Dealing with Difficult Personalities from a Distance
- Find ways to manage off-site employees’ results, not their day-to-day activities
- Be proactive, not reactive—predict, diagnose and solve problems before they manifest—even when you aren’t there to take action in person
- Identify attendance problems and attitude issues swiftly and fairly
- Educate yourself on sensitive subjects like delivering performance reviews and even firing from a distance
- Learn how to “nix or fix” a seriously dysfunctional off-site team
- Develop preventative maintenance and early warning systems to identify and resolve performance, attendance and morale issues across multiple-location teams
Utilizing Technology to Enhance Off-Site Performance
- Explore technological solutions that make staying connected seamless and integrated for your remote teams
- Learn the best ways to use technology to improve your off-site team’s performance
- Streamline record retention, while making shared files assessable and protected
- Use project management tools to manage multiple tasks involving multiple participants from different locations
- Gain tips for successful one-on-one coaching, counseling and mentoring while using platforms like Skype, WebEx, GoToMeeting and more
- Learn “High Touch” technology—top ways supervisors are using technology to improve human relations
*Price may vary by location and date.