Choose an Event
Dulles, VA 20149
We’re sorry, there are no events scheduled for this area. Please change your location to see seminars.
Choose a New Location
Bring this training to your location.
Have a group of 25 or more people?
Try private, onsite team training.
Bring this topic, or any of our 200+ topics,
to your location with customized training.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.
Already attended this seminar?
"I have been a member of Fred Pryor for almost three years now and I have yet to attend a class that didn't have valuable information that would benefit my company and/or our employees."”
— Teri M.
"Excellent!! As always, Fred Pryor's courses are easy to follow, very informative and presented in a format that keeps your attention!!"”
— Cynthia S.
"I enjoy all of the seminars that I attend through the Fred Pryor Training Rewards program. They are very informative and the instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful."”
— Tasha M.
"Excellent info for all levels of users. There are always things to add to your "bag of tricks"."”
— Wendy S.
"Wow! I have taken many wonderful courses through Fred Pryor; this one takes the cake!!"”
— Dana N.
"Top notch! Thank you Fred Pryor, this is the best investment my boss could have made."”
— Lewis C.
"I received a lot of great information in this training. Several co-workers went with me which was a great help for me to start implementing some of the changes we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that need to get to me. It was like Fred Pryor and the trainer had my back!"”
— Tasha C.
By the end of this seminar, be able to:
- Understand the nature and effects of anger
- Recognize and evaluate anger styles
- Identify others’ hot buttons and anger triggers
- Minimize distorted thinking that fuels anger
- Develop strategies and techniques for turning angry situations around
- Cope with angry people
- Keep cool by managing and controlling our own anger
- Express emotions productively
- Resolve conflicts and anger management
- Use coping and relaxation techniques
- Build better relationships at work
Learn to Defuse Anger Before It Erupts
- Three keys to empathy - understand why others are troubled
- Listening skills that can turn around a bad situation in the office
- How and when to use silence as a positive motivator
- Tips to help you sidestep emotions and focus on positive change
- Techniques that allow others to save face and avoid embarrassment
- Three main approaches to anger and the outcomes of each
- How to respond when anger is used as a manipulator
- The key to keeping your cool in every situation
Channel Anger Into Positive Growth
- Techniques to help you soothe irate individuals
- The things you must do if hostilities get out of hand
- How to recognize anger triggers
- Cognitive restructuring - the power of changing the way you think
- When to be a referee; when to be a coach
- Steps to handling people who have a low tolerance for frustration
- How to identify different types of anger buildup
- Why your own behavior may worsen conflict, and what to do about it
- Specific questions to ask in the problem-solving process
Calm Stress and Increase Productivity
- Techniques that help employees face the issues really causing their stress
- Stress-reduction techniques you - and your staff can use anywhere
- Questions that help an angry person think more logically about the situation
- The best way to transform a “hot thought” into a positive motivator
- How self-talk fans the fires of a bad temper
- Ways to channel anger into progress
- How to get staff members to stick with difficult challenges when resolution doesn’t come quickly
- The phases of anger, how judgment is affected in each, and how you should tailor your responses at each phase
- How to identify the subtle signs of hidden anger
Finish the Issue Without Resentment and With a Positive Spin
- Four ways to rebuild a team damaged by anger
- Mistakes that escalate anger and create problems down the road
- Strategies for recognizing potential areas of conflict and sidestepping them
- The secret of getting diverse individuals to work together as a productive group
- A process for turning conflict into a positive growth experience
- How to replace angry thoughts with balanced,healthy thoughts
- Policies that reduce conflict and defuse anger
*Price may vary by location and date.