Organizations often speak about diversity and the desire to have a more diverse workforce. A diverse team brings a unique set of opinions and perspectives to your company. In fact, companies with diverse workforces typically outperform their competitors and report having happier employees. For example, racially and ethnically diverse companies outperform industry norms by 35%. (Source: McKinsey, TalentLyft)
However, despite the hype, only about half of employers have programs in place to attract and recruit diverse candidates. About the same number do not monitor employee diversity at all. Join this 3-hour seminar directed at recruiters, HR professionals, managers, directors and business owners to learn how to diversify your workforce—from policies and procedures to onboarding.
Having a more diverse workforce begins with having a more inclusive recruitment program and strategy. If organizations continue to use the same recruiting processes that they have always used, they will continue to get the same results. Just hoping to get more diverse candidates in your recruitment pool is not a strategy. If you want to have an inclusive recruitment and hiring process, then join us for an interactive course to learn practical strategies that you can begin to use immediately.
What You'll Learn
- Thoughtful tips to write more inclusive job announcements.
- Important considerations to remain EEOC compliant during the recruitment and hiring process.
- Strategies to avoid unconscious bias and potential legal issues by having a sound recruitment and hiring strategy.
- The four essential elements to retain a diverse workforce.
- Strategies to expand your recruitment pool and find top talented millennials and “hidden gems.”
- How to use social media to attract diverse talent.
- Culturally competent ways to facilitate an interview.
Who Will Benefit?
Recruiters, HR professionals, managers, directors and business owners.