Choose an Event
LIVE ONLINE SEMINARS
|Sep. 28 9am-4pm CDT||
|Oct. 2 9am-4pm CDT||
|Oct. 10 9am-4pm PDT||
|Oct. 16 9am-4pm EDT||
|Oct. 19 9am-4pm CDT||
|Oct. 25 9am-4pm EDT||
|Oct. 31 9am-4pm PDT||
|Nov. 2 9am-4pm EDT||
|Nov. 7 9am-4pm CDT||
|Nov. 13 9am-4pm EDT||
|Nov. 30 9am-4pm CDT||
PRIVATE TEAM TRAINING
Bring this topic or 200+ other training opportunities to your location in-person or online.
Already attended this seminar?
"I have been a member of Fred Pryor for almost three years now and I have yet to attend a class that didn't have valuable information that would benefit my company and/or our employees."”
— Teri M.
"Excellent!! As always, Fred Pryor's courses are easy to follow, very informative and presented in a format that keeps your attention!!"”
— Cynthia S.
"I enjoy all of the seminars that I attend through the Fred Pryor Training Rewards program. They are very informative and the instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful."”
— Tasha M.
"Excellent info for all levels of users. There are always things to add to your "bag of tricks"."”
— Wendy S.
"Wow! I have taken many wonderful courses through Fred Pryor; this one takes the cake!!"”
— Dana N.
"Top notch! Thank you Fred Pryor, this is the best investment my boss could have made."”
— Lewis C.
"I received a lot of great information in this training. Several co-workers went with me which was a great help for me to start implementing some of the changes we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that need to get to me. It was like Fred Pryor and the trainer had my back!"”
— Tasha C.
Finally, a course for Facility Managers that addresses the challenges, difficulties and dilemmas of this demanding position!
You'll learn how other facility managers at top organizations solve problems, deal with crises and handle complaints. You'll learn how to put a plan for emergencies in place (remember the East Coast blackout in 2003?). And, you'll discover how to decrease your stress levels as you run your facility more efficiently - without killing yourself by putting in longer hours!
This course is based on "best practices" from top facilities managers around the country.
Establish your role as facility manager
- The characteristics of a successful facility manager and how to adopt them as your own
- How facilities management affects the mission of a business
- The leadership skills critical to your job as a facility manager
- Why you must apply the principles of ethical leadership to your position
- Tips for marketing your facility strategies internally: how to get the rest of the company onboard with your goals
- Ways to make sure your facility and staff earn respect from users
Explore the nuts and bolts of facilities management
- When outsourcing should be used and when it is best to use in-house services
- How to become familiar with the different types of service organizations and learn to choose providers wisely
- HVAC, security, grounds, cleaning, power and lighting: what you need to know to provide exceptional service in each of these critical areas
- "Attractive nuisances": a surprising look at how many are on your facility’s grounds right now
- Tips for grounds maintenance to keep your facility in tip-top shape all year long
- Two basic strategies for forecasting future space needs for your organization
Create a comfortable and efficient work environment for your facility’s users
- When space is at a premium: how to “create” more space, manage it and keep employees comfortable
- The space-standards, sketch, analytical and comparison methods for determining conventional office space standards
- How to make sure you are meeting or exceeding shared space requirements
- The eight types of CAFM software packages and which one best meets your needs
- Chairs, workstations, computer monitors and keyboards: how ergonomics affect worke health and safety
- Seven strategies for supporting and maintaining an ergonomic workplace
- An overview of ADA standards and the key components to space layout and construction
Take on the realities of finance, budgeting and cost control
- Five basic financial concepts and how they apply to facilities management
- The four stages of business activity - why it’s critical you understand their impact on your department
- The role of facilities management in assessing corporate value
- How to estimate costs and create a budget you and your staff can live with
- Three elements you must have in place to create a realistic, workable budget
- How to slash costs and save money without sacrificing quality or service
- Ways to use and compare the three formulas that measure overall financial performance
- How to evaluate proposals and bids to make sure you’re getting the most for your money
- What you need to know to build a good working relationship with contractors
- Two approaches for writing contract specifications
- How to negotiate assumption of risk by the contractor
Ensure your construction and relocation projects come in on time and on budget
- The four basic components in the project delivery cycle
- The six phases of the project delivery process and how decisions made in each influence all of the phases that follow
- Project management tips to help you stay organized and on top of critical details
- How to create a flow chart to map your project from initial talks to completion
- Why you must be able to differentiate between project management and strategic planning
Find the best approach to facility and space acquisition
- Buy vs. lease: when it is more advantageous to buy and when leasing makes more sense
- How to use the buy vs. lease analysis to determine what’s right for your organization
- The important difference between lease administration and property management
- Red flags to watch for when it comes to leasing contracts
- How to put the four characteristics of a proper lease management system in place
- A lease analysis checklist you can take home and use to make informed decisions
Improve your facility operations, maintenance and performance
- How to put an effective hazardous waste program into place at your facility
- OSHA compliance rules and regulations facility managers should know
- Five essential elements of an effective disaster recovery plan
- How to assess your facility’s risk and capacity to react immediately to a variety of threats
- Emergency procedures and drills your facility users must become familiar with
- Ways to ensure your building and grounds are as tightly secured as possible
- How to put a maintenance and repair system into place to help you address minor problems before they become major issues
- Energy management: what you need to know to keep costs low and productivity high