Choose an Event
Ashburn, VA 20149
We’re sorry, there are no events scheduled for this area. Please change your location to see seminars.
Choose a New Location
Bring this training to your location.
Have a group of 25 or more people?
Try private, onsite team training.
Bring this topic, or any of our 200+ topics,
to your location with customized training.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.
Already attended this seminar?
"I have been a member of Fred Pryor for almost three years now and I have yet to attend a class that didn't have valuable information that would benefit my company and/or our employees."”
— Teri M.
"Excellent!! As always, Fred Pryor's courses are easy to follow, very informative and presented in a format that keeps your attention!!"”
— Cynthia S.
"I enjoy all of the seminars that I attend through the Fred Pryor Training Rewards program. They are very informative and the instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful."”
— Tasha M.
"Excellent info for all levels of users. There are always things to add to your "bag of tricks"."”
— Wendy S.
"Wow! I have taken many wonderful courses through Fred Pryor; this one takes the cake!!"”
— Dana N.
"Top notch! Thank you Fred Pryor, this is the best investment my boss could have made."”
— Lewis C.
"I received a lot of great information in this training. Several co-workers went with me which was a great help for me to start implementing some of the changes we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that need to get to me. It was like Fred Pryor and the trainer had my back!"”
— Tasha C.
Plan, organize and host events like a pro — even if it's your very first time.
Ever notice how the best events look effortless? Everything just seems to unfold perfectly — and at just the right moment. A well-planned, well-run meeting, retreat, or convention is a thing of beauty.
However, anyone who has put together such a gathering knows it is anything but easy and effortless. Nothing — not even the smallest detail — can be left to chance. If there's ever a time when you can count on seeing Murphy's Law in action, it's during an event. Anything that can go wrong will go wrong. As the designated meeting planner, you are responsible for making sure that doesn't happen.
Ready, Set, Go — Getting Started Right
- The #1 reason events get off track, and how to avoid it
- How to determine the amount of time you need to prepare for an event
- The absolutely most important thing to do first when you're put in charge
- The six essential elements of any meeting, and how to prepare for each
- When you should hold the event at your workplace and when a hotel is a better choice
Building Your All-Important Project Plan
- Key factors to consider in building your timeline
- Critical questions to ask all vendors
- The one thing to always remember about negotiating with vendors
- The four basic questions every event planner must be able to answer
- How to create your own working timeline document
Dealing with the Details
- The most important consideration for setting up a registration desk
- What type of food you should serve, how much and when
- Five essentials to test at the hotel or meeting facility before you book
Managing Meeting Day
- How top planners decide how many staff members to have on hand, and where to place them
- Services for the physically challenged — you need more than a barrier-free building
- How to deal with language differences in printed materials
- The secret to creating a smooth load-in-load-out schedule that spares time and tempers
*Price may vary by location and date.