Choose an Event
Ashburn, VA 20149
We’re sorry, there are no events scheduled for this area. Please change your location to see seminars.
Choose a New Location
Bring this training to your location.
Have a group of 25 or more people?
Try private, onsite team training.
Bring this topic, or any of our 200+ topics,
to your location with customized training.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.
Already attended this seminar?
"I have been a member of Fred Pryor for almost three years now and I have yet to attend a class that didn't have valuable information that would benefit my company and/or our employees."”
— Teri M.
"Excellent!! As always, Fred Pryor's courses are easy to follow, very informative and presented in a format that keeps your attention!!"”
— Cynthia S.
"I enjoy all of the seminars that I attend through the Fred Pryor Training Rewards program. They are very informative and the instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful."”
— Tasha M.
"Excellent info for all levels of users. There are always things to add to your "bag of tricks"."”
— Wendy S.
"Wow! I have taken many wonderful courses through Fred Pryor; this one takes the cake!!"”
— Dana N.
"Top notch! Thank you Fred Pryor, this is the best investment my boss could have made."”
— Lewis C.
"I received a lot of great information in this training. Several co-workers went with me which was a great help for me to start implementing some of the changes we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that need to get to me. It was like Fred Pryor and the trainer had my back!"”
— Tasha C.
Plan, organize and host events like a pro — even if it's your very first time.
Ever notice how the best events look effortless? Everything just seems to unfold perfectly — and at just the right moment. A well-planned, well-run meeting, retreat, or convention is a thing of beauty.
After attending this seminar you will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of meeting planning
- Manage the details that can slip through the cracks and derail your success
- Negotiate the best deals possible from vendors
- Build an event-planning bible to keep you on track
- Plan a workable budget — and stay within it
- Assess and manage printing needs — agendas, binders, publicity, signage
- Know your critical tasks 6 months out, 30 days out, the week of the meeting and the night before
- Handle setup and teardown schedules smoothly and efficiently
- Conduct a day-after evaluation to assess your event and improve planning and management for the next one
Ready, Set, Go — Getting Started Right
- The #1 reason events get off track, and how to avoid it
- How to determine the amount of time you need to prepare for an event
- The absolutely most important thing to do first when you're put in charge
- The six essential elements of any meeting, and how to prepare for each
- When you should hold the event at your workplace and when a hotel is a better choice
- Ways to determine how much assistance you need and what each person should handle
Building Your All-Important Project Plan
- Key factors to consider in building your timeline
- Critical questions to ask all vendors
- The one thing to always remember about negotiating with vendors
- The five basic questions every event planner must be able to answer
- How to create your own working timeline document
- The best way to research vendors for a true picture of their capabilities
- How much cushioning to include in your event budget
Dealing with the Details
- The most important consideration for setting up a registration desk
- What you can do before event day to ensure registration runs smoothly
- Five essentials to test at the hotel or meeting facility before you book
- What type of food you should serve, how much and when
- When it’s best not to offer food — or risk losing your audience’s attention
- A simple system that cuts the hassle of arranging for Internet, AV, LCD and other electronic needs
- Five common room setups and which works best for each event situation
- Tips for creating an event that pleases all the senses and earns rave reviews
- How to ensure a unified look for printed materials, from signage to programs
- Questions to ask prospective entertainersto ensure the presentation suits the audience
Managing Meeting Day
- How top planners decide how many staff members to have on hand, and where to place them
- Services for the physically challenged — you need more than a barrier-free building
- How to deal with language differences in printed materials
- The secret to creating a smooth load-in-load-out schedule that spares time and tempers
- When and how to train meeting staff for best results
- The #1 consideration when it comes to communication in planning meetings
- How to get the most out of the day-after evaluation
- Why you must evaluate the event with LBs (“like bests”) and NTs (“next times”)
*Price may vary by location and date.