Choose an Event
PRIVATE TEAM TRAINING
Bring this topic or 200+ other training opportunities to your location in-person or online.
Already attended this seminar?
View additional Evelyn Wood Library training
"I have been a member of Fred Pryor for almost three years now and I have yet to attend a class that didn't have valuable information that would benefit my company and/or our employees."”
— Teri M.
"Excellent!! As always, Fred Pryor's courses are easy to follow, very informative and presented in a format that keeps your attention!!"”
— Cynthia S.
"I enjoy all of the seminars that I attend through the Fred Pryor Training Rewards program. They are very informative and the instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful."”
— Tasha M.
"Excellent info for all levels of users. There are always things to add to your "bag of tricks"."”
— Wendy S.
"Wow! I have taken many wonderful courses through Fred Pryor; this one takes the cake!!"”
— Dana N.
"Top notch! Thank you Fred Pryor, this is the best investment my boss could have made."”
— Lewis C.
"I received a lot of great information in this training. Several co-workers went with me which was a great help for me to start implementing some of the changes we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that need to get to me. It was like Fred Pryor and the trainer had my back!"”
— Tasha C.
According to Indeed, the average person can read between 200-250 words per minute, while the ability to speed read greatly increases this number. What does this mean for you and your organization? Not only can speed reading help manage your schedule and increase productivity, but it also helps sort through information to make understanding and comprehension less overwhelming.
This half-day course provides the opportunity to develop critical thinking skills as you learn to read faster, while comprehending and remembering more. Information is everywhere and technology has contributed to the overwhelming amount of information available. As business professionals, the ability to sift through all information by reading faster and remembering more enhances our ability to make better decisions, manage our time and contributes to success at work.
Evelyn Wood Reading Dynamics® offers an indispensable seminar for all businesspeople. Learn different speed reading techniques, improve your cognitive flexibility and benefit from increased memory and comprehension skills. This course offers the tools to sharpen your reading skills and make you a more dynamic leader and learner.
What You Will Learn
- Identify your current reading behavior.
- Understand why you see more, but read less.
- Define new reading behavior.
- Engage in activities to change reading behavior.
- Build vocabulary knowledge and skills.
- Enhance memorization techniques.
What Is Speed Reading?
- Explore your experience with speed reading...what you may or may not realize.
- Discover how you measure speed reading.
Evelyn Wood Speed Reading: Four Basics Concepts
- Learn how four basic ideas can eliminate your old reading habits and move you toward highly efficient visual reading.
- Eliminate line reading and see the big picture in everything you read.
Increase Your Reading Speed
- Practice using a pacer as a vital reading tool. Learn the basic motions to help you keep your place and pace.
- Discover how natural "speed readers" cover material two to three times faster than the average reader.
- Find out how subvocalization impairs your reading speed and comprehension.
Improve Memory Recall
- Improve your recall from the information you've read.
- Discover how to preview material and commit it to memory.
Who Will Benefit
Everyone on information overload, including: administrative assistants, customer service representatives, sales and marketing staff, managers and supervisors, directors, vice presidents, CEOs and CFOs.