Choose an Event
Already attended this seminar?
"I have been a member of Fred Pryor for almost three years now and I have yet to attend a class that didn't have valuable information that would benefit my company and/or our employees."”
— Teri M.
"Excellent!! As always, Fred Pryor's courses are easy to follow, very informative and presented in a format that keeps your attention!!"”
— Cynthia S.
"I enjoy all of the seminars that I attend through the Fred Pryor Training Rewards program. They are very informative and the instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful."”
— Tasha M.
"Excellent info for all levels of users. There are always things to add to your "bag of tricks"."”
— Wendy S.
"Wow! I have taken many wonderful courses through Fred Pryor; this one takes the cake!!"”
— Dana N.
"Top notch! Thank you Fred Pryor, this is the best investment my boss could have made."”
— Lewis C.
"I received a lot of great information in this training. Several co-workers went with me which was a great help for me to start implementing some of the changes we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that need to get to me. It was like Fred Pryor and the trainer had my back!"”
— Tasha C.
Become a more persuasive, powerful, and professional e-mail communicator in just one day of training!
Spend a day with our professional email experts and you'll discover …
- Eight email practices guaranteed to kill your credibility
- How your auto signature line may be sabotaging your professional image
- Ten situations in which you should never communicate by email
- Techniques for writing clear, brief messages that elicit quick response
- Nine common blunders that will cause your emails to be ignored, avoided — or instantly deleted!
- Visual tricks that increase the readability and retention of your message
- And much, much more!
The “write stuff:” Focus on grammar, punctuation and style
- How to write with clarity, brevity and quick response
- Key differences and similarities between email and print communications, plus a comprehensive review of the dos and don’ts of professional correspondence
- What to ask yourself before you begin any message or business communication: essential planning techniques to save you time, improve your writing and get the results you want
- Shortcuts for faster, more accurate emails that are quicker to read and react to
- How to use bullets, indents, spacing and overall message layout to increase readability and retention
- A look at the way icons and “specialty-background” custom emails can affect readability and credibility
- How font, color and size selections can increase or decrease the readability of your message
A great impression: It’s at your fingertips, every day
- Why casual conversations and stream-of-consciousness messages can backfire and steps you can take to build better habits
- Seven strategies to prevent misinterpretation and set the tone — they’ll ensure your email message is professional, tactful and optimally received
- When you’re all set to deliver a sarcastic, angry or snippy message: tactics to help you resist the temptation to hit “send”?
- How to avoid surefire “credibility killers” in your auto-signature line
- Images and information you must protect, and why digitizing your personal signature is a bad idea
- Nine bad habits that drive coworkers crazy — these common practices may be causing your emails to be ignored, avoided or instantly deleted
- The rules of email response: when, why, how quickly and how often to attend to your inbox
The Politics of Email: Make Sure Your Messages are PC
- Who should be included in email communications (and who shouldn't)
- The proper use of the courtesy copy (Cc) and blind courtesy copy (Bcc) lines, and how "actual distribution" varies by e-mail systems
- Email dirty tricks and underhanded political moves that damage relationships and put your integrity in question
- Eight unintentional email practices guaranteed to create conflict, misunderstandings and misperceptions, and kill your personal credibility
- Ten situations that are absolutely inappropriate for e-mail
- Four thought-provoking questions to consider before forwarding an e-mail or attachment that could have political or business consequences
Troubleshooting Tactics: Be Ready to Act and React
- What every savvy emailer must know about communicating to PDAs and smart phones
- How to tactfully deal with coworkers who e-mail excessively, forward everything, or inundate your inbox with jokes and cutesy messages
- Diplomatic, professional ways to handle missends that could hurt feelings, divulge confidential information or embarrass the recipient
- Security rules: absolute musts to preserve confidentiality and protect company information in electronic communications
- Important facts to know about your company's email system so that you can use it more efficiently and effectively