This seminar will teach you proven, step-by-step methods for goal-setting, project management and improving your organizational skills.
There is a special component to SMART goals most goal-setting workshops and seminars don't teach. Believe it or not, this often means the difference between success and failure when it comes to actually accomplishing the goals you've set for yourself.
With our Effective Goal-Setting and Planning Skills training course, you'll not only discover this critical component, but dozens of other tools, tips, strategies, fresh ideas and more — all geared toward setting and accomplishing goals easily and painlessly. From setting individual goals to working within the framework of a team environment, we'll help you get past the internal roadblocks and external issues that have hindered you in the past.
The Why and How of setting goals
- Discover fascinating insight into why most goals don’t work and learn how to ensure yours will
- The most important goal-setting question no one ever asks (this alone is worth the price of this workshop!)
- 10 specific elements all realistic, achievable goals have in common
- How goal-setting creates more time in your life, both at home and in the workplace
- Tips for optimizing goals to reduce stress and create more balance
The Power of Planning and Prioritizing
- Use our planning methods to carve out time you didn’t even know you had
- The 2.1 Planning Process: what it is, how it works and how to make it work for you
- Organizational tools and software to increase productivity: what really works and what’s just a waste of time
- How to set priorities during the goal-accomplishment process
- Simplified scheduling tools to ease your way through project management tasks
- Divide and conquer: use this system to break larger goals into smaller, more attainable chunks
Break through self-Built Barriers and Plow through Procrastination
- How to identify and use your “prime energy time” wisely and productively
- Learn to recognize and tear down the hidden barriers that keep you from accomplishing your goals
- One key question to help you overcome procrastination (really –– we’re not kidding!)
- Why you need only five to ten minutes a day to accomplish your goals
- How to dive right in and get things done when faced with overwhelming or unpleasant tasks
A Team Effort: Creating and Achieving Team Goals
- How to get team members to willingly accept your ideas and suggestions
- The differences between individual goals and team goals
- Ways to inspire and motivate your team to take ownership of the goals you set
- The critical role effective communication plays in team dynamics
- How to delegate the right tasks to the right people: recognize who needs a challenge, who needs to remain in their comfort zone and who can be counted on to go above and beyond what’s asked
- How to recognize and value the different points of view that comprise an effective team
- Milestones for reaching your goals on time and on budget
*Price may vary by location and date.