Choose an Event
LIVE ONLINE SEMINARS
PRIVATE TEAM TRAINING
Bring this topic or 200+ other training opportunities to your location in-person or online.
Already attended this seminar?
View additional Personal Development training
"I have been a member of Fred Pryor for almost three years now and I have yet to attend a class that didn't have valuable information that would benefit my company and/or our employees."”
— Teri M.
"Excellent!! As always, Fred Pryor's courses are easy to follow, very informative and presented in a format that keeps your attention!!"”
— Cynthia S.
"I enjoy all of the seminars that I attend through the Fred Pryor Training Rewards program. They are very informative and the instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful."”
— Tasha M.
"Excellent info for all levels of users. There are always things to add to your "bag of tricks"."”
— Wendy S.
"Wow! I have taken many wonderful courses through Fred Pryor; this one takes the cake!!"”
— Dana N.
"Top notch! Thank you Fred Pryor, this is the best investment my boss could have made."”
— Lewis C.
"I received a lot of great information in this training. Several co-workers went with me which was a great help for me to start implementing some of the changes we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that need to get to me. It was like Fred Pryor and the trainer had my back!"”
— Tasha C.
This seminar will teach you proven, step-by-step methods for goal-setting, project management and improving your organizational skills.
There is a special component to SMART goals most goal-setting workshops and seminars don't teach. Believe it or not, this often means the difference between success and failure when it comes to actually accomplishing the goals you've set for yourself.
With our Effective Goal-Setting and Planning Skills training course, you'll not only discover this critical component, but dozens of other tools, tips, strategies, fresh ideas and more — all geared toward setting and accomplishing goals easily and painlessly. From setting individual goals to working within the framework of a team environment, we'll help you get past the internal roadblocks and external issues that have hindered you in the past.
The Why and How of setting goals
- Discover fascinating insight into why most goals don’t work and learn how to ensure yours will
- The most important goal-setting question no one ever asks (this alone is worth the price of this workshop!)
- 10 specific elements all realistic, achievable goals have in common
- How goal-setting creates more time in your life, both at home and in the workplace
- Tips for optimizing goals to reduce stress and create more balance
The Power of Planning and Prioritizing
- Use our planning methods to carve out time you didn’t even know you had
- The 2.1 Planning Process: what it is, how it works and how to make it work for you
- Organizational tools and software to increase productivity: what really works and what’s just a waste of time
- How to set priorities during the goal-accomplishment process
- Simplified scheduling tools to ease your way through project management tasks
- Divide and conquer: use this system to break larger goals into smaller, more attainable chunks
Break through self-Built Barriers and Plow through Procrastination
- How to identify and use your “prime energy time” wisely and productively
- Learn to recognize and tear down the hidden barriers that keep you from accomplishing your goals
- One key question to help you overcome procrastination (really –– we’re not kidding!)
- Why you need only five to ten minutes a day to accomplish your goals
- How to dive right in and get things done when faced with overwhelming or unpleasant tasks
A Team Effort: Creating and Achieving Team Goals
- How to get team members to willingly accept your ideas and suggestions
- The differences between individual goals and team goals
- Ways to inspire and motivate your team to take ownership of the goals you set
- The critical role effective communication plays in team dynamics
- How to delegate the right tasks to the right people: recognize who needs a challenge, who needs to remain in their comfort zone and who can be counted on to go above and beyond what’s asked
- How to recognize and value the different points of view that comprise an effective team
- Milestones for reaching your goals on time and on budget