Choose an Event
PRIVATE TEAM TRAINING
Bring this topic or 200+ other training opportunities to your location in-person or online.
Already attended this seminar?
"I have been a member of Fred Pryor for almost three years now and I have yet to attend a class that didn't have valuable information that would benefit my company and/or our employees."”
— Teri M.
"Excellent!! As always, Fred Pryor's courses are easy to follow, very informative and presented in a format that keeps your attention!!"”
— Cynthia S.
"I enjoy all of the seminars that I attend through the Fred Pryor Training Rewards program. They are very informative and the instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful."”
— Tasha M.
"Excellent info for all levels of users. There are always things to add to your "bag of tricks"."”
— Wendy S.
"Wow! I have taken many wonderful courses through Fred Pryor; this one takes the cake!!"”
— Dana N.
"Top notch! Thank you Fred Pryor, this is the best investment my boss could have made."”
— Lewis C.
"I received a lot of great information in this training. Several co-workers went with me which was a great help for me to start implementing some of the changes we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that need to get to me. It was like Fred Pryor and the trainer had my back!"”
— Tasha C.
Discover the power of Crystal Reports for more effective data management, presentation and distribution.
Crystal Reports is today's most widely used report writing application. In just one day, you'll learn how financial data, sales data, personnel data — any information you have stored in a database — can be transformed into an easy-to-understand report that can be distributed via your local area network, the Internet, fax, email or a printed hard copy with just a few clicks of your mouse! You'll learn how to add illustrations, charts, graphs and more to give your reports a professional, finished look. You'll save time by learning to create customized templates and short cuts you can use over and over again. This incredible program puts you in control of your report from beginning to end, so there's no more working around your IT department's schedule.
Introduction to Crystal Reports
- What you can accomplish with Crystal Reports, and what you can't
- Navigation — Find your way around the Crystal Reports user interface
- The main components of Crystal Reports' design window and how to use them
- The four editions of Crystal Reports (Standard, Professional, Developer, Advanced) and what each is capable of and how Version 2008 brings them all together!
- A quick history of Crystal Reports
Selecting, Accessing and Integrating Your Data
- Using the Database Expert dialog box to find your data sources
- Using formulas for data selection
- Creating and using parameter fields for runtime data selection
- Sorting and grouping data
- Creating layers of totals and subtotals
- Using the drill-down capability in Crystal Reports and enabling readers to view underlying areas for more detail
- Implementing calculations and formulas in your reports
Guide to Basic Report Creation
- Using charts, formulas and functions to enhance your report
- Modifying reports sections: how to master and manipulate them
- Grouping layers of reports information
- Hiding and revealing data using Summary and Drill Down
- Revealing the differences between Absolute and Conditional formatting
- Using the Highlighting Expert to quickly add emphasis to parts of your report
- Adding pictures, text and other graphic elements to reports
- Using and creating templates to format multiple reports and save their criteria
Advanced Features to Take Your Reports to the Next Level
- Using Crystal Repository to store formulas, customize functions, SQL commands or images
- Understanding how Crystal Enterprise can help you distribute your reports across an entire enterprise
- Troubleshooting your reports — how to fix the most common errors and problems
- Using the Mailing Label Wizard to print mailing labels in multiple columns
- Sorting and grouping for special emphasis
- Using Cross-Tab Reports for summarizing
- Inserting OLE objects into Crystal Reports
- Creating and updating OLAP data reports
- Using the Chart Expert tool to present your data through pie charts, bar charts, funnel charts, doughnut charts and more
- Utilizing maps with Crystal Reports' four map layouts and five map types
- Employing Report Navigation with Report Parts
Publishing, Distribution and Security
- Publishing a Crystal Report: printing, faxing, posting to your organization's intranet or distribution via Internet
- Exporting your reports to a variety of file formats including HTML, Adobe® , Excel® , Word, Rich Text Format, Text and more
- Adding Hyperlinks to create links within your report to websites, email addresses and other URLs
*NOTE: This is not a hands-on workshop. Instead, you'll learn via "computer-less" training that makes every moment count.