Choose an Event
Ashburn, VA 20149
Bring this training to your location.
Have a group of 25 or more people?
Try private, onsite team training.
Bring this topic, or any of our 200+ topics,
to your location with customized training.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.
Already attended this seminar?
"I have been a member of Fred Pryor for almost three years now and I have yet to attend a class that didn't have valuable information that would benefit my company and/or our employees."”
— Teri M.
"Excellent!! As always, Fred Pryor's courses are easy to follow, very informative and presented in a format that keeps your attention!!"”
— Cynthia S.
"I enjoy all of the seminars that I attend through the Fred Pryor Training Rewards program. They are very informative and the instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful."”
— Tasha M.
"Excellent info for all levels of users. There are always things to add to your "bag of tricks"."”
— Wendy S.
"Wow! I have taken many wonderful courses through Fred Pryor; this one takes the cake!!"”
— Dana N.
"Top notch! Thank you Fred Pryor, this is the best investment my boss could have made."”
— Lewis C.
"I received a lot of great information in this training. Several co-workers went with me which was a great help for me to start implementing some of the changes we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that need to get to me. It was like Fred Pryor and the trainer had my back!"”
— Tasha C.
Do you know how to work with difficult people? How many of these personalities do you recognize?
- The Know-It-Alls
They're arrogant and usually have an opinion on every issue. When they're wrong, they get defensive.
- The Passives
These people never offer ideas or let you know where they stand.
- The Dictators
They bully and intimidate. They're constantly demanding and brutally critical.
- The Gripers
Is anything ever right with them? They prefer complaining to finding solutions.
- The "Yes" People
They agree to any commitment, yet rarely deliver. You can't trust them to follow through.
- The "No" People
They are quick to point out why something won't work. Worse, they're inflexible.
Of course you recognize them. They're the people you work with, sell to, depend on, live with. Learn to deal with them quickly and confidently at Dealing with Difficult People.
Understand the difficult people in your life
Learn how they think, what they fear, why they do what they do. Understanding these things makes dealing with difficult people less frustrating.
- "Mapping" difficult people to gain insight into what makes them tick
- The most common mistake well-intentioned people make that actually worsens conflicts
- What a team can do with a person who isn't a team player
- The single best response to sarcasm
- 3 ways to get people to keep their word
- How to deal with a person who practices one-upmanship
- When to go to a third party for help in dealing with a problem person
Know how to communicate with difficult people
At this seminar, you'll concentrate on here's-how-you-do-it techniques. You'll leave knowing how to use these techniques in specific situations when dealing with difficult people in the workplace.
- What to do when someone — even a boss — starts yelling
- What to do when someone takes credit for your idea
- How to determine if a difficult relationship is worth salvaging, and what to do if it isn't
- The best way to get someone to stop holding a grudge
- Handling the person who says one thing to you but the opposite to someone else
- When and how to go over someone's head to a superior
- Dealing with touchy people who take things personally
- How to get your boss to quit procrastinating and make a decision
Be less of a target for difficult people
Look at the difficult people in your life. Chances are, at least one person manages to get along with them. You can, too. Learn how to derail problem people and teach them to treat you with respect.
- How to cope with excuse-makers and blamers
- What to do immediately when someone threatens you
- 3 tactics that prevent you from being manipulated by others
- Hot buttons: how to keep people from pushing yours
- "The boss's favorite": how to cope with the person who's perfect in the boss's eyes — but doesn't really do a fair share of the work
Bring out the best in even the most difficult people
Let's face it, nobody's difficult all the time (and everybody is some of the time). Your new skills will help you reinforce positive behavior in even the most difficult people — at work and at home.
- How to handle a coworker who is too competitive
- How to handle someone who wants to get "too personal"
- What to do when people make promises you suspect they won't keep
- How to give an aggressive person an alternative to direct conflict
- The special body positions to use in dealing with specific kinds of difficult people (your body language can be even more powerful than what you say)
- Special for managers: how to deal with employees who don't keep commitments … have a negative attitude … or are closed-minded
*Price may vary by location and date.