Choose an Event
LIVE ONLINE SEMINARS
PRIVATE TEAM TRAINING
Bring this topic or 200+ other training opportunities to your location in-person or online.
Already attended this seminar?
"I have been a member of Fred Pryor for almost three years now and I have yet to attend a class that didn't have valuable information that would benefit my company and/or our employees."”
— Teri M.
"Excellent!! As always, Fred Pryor's courses are easy to follow, very informative and presented in a format that keeps your attention!!"”
— Cynthia S.
"I enjoy all of the seminars that I attend through the Fred Pryor Training Rewards program. They are very informative and the instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful."”
— Tasha M.
"Excellent info for all levels of users. There are always things to add to your "bag of tricks"."”
— Wendy S.
"Wow! I have taken many wonderful courses through Fred Pryor; this one takes the cake!!"”
— Dana N.
"Top notch! Thank you Fred Pryor, this is the best investment my boss could have made."”
— Lewis C.
"I received a lot of great information in this training. Several co-workers went with me which was a great help for me to start implementing some of the changes we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that need to get to me. It was like Fred Pryor and the trainer had my back!"”
— Tasha C.
The top 10 communication hurdles – can you relate?
- Confronting or criticizing others
- Not being taken seriously
- Feeling self-conscious
- Dealing with other people’s anger
- Speaking in front of a group
- Facing tough situations with confidence
- Receiving criticism
- Getting cooperation
- Setting limits
- Taking the floor
This one-day training will help you build the skills to overcome them.
Speaking up and getting heard
- A matter of timing: when you're most likely to be heard and when it's better to hold your tongue
- Crucial differences in the ways men and women communicate — and how to use this awareness to get more respect
- The simple secret of creating immediate rapport
- How taking yourself seriously affects the way others see you … and specific ways to demonstrate your own self-respect
- Tips for gently redefining relationships with your coworkers so they know where you stand and how you want to be treated
- A way to make requests that actually encourages people to cooperate with you
Moving from self-consciousness to self-confidence
- Ways to mentally prepare for a difficult confrontation … an all-important presentation … or a high-powered meeting
- Courage-builders to help you face high-stakes situations and difficult people
- Specific techniques that enable you to keep your composure when you feel yourself losing control
- How to listen (and respond) to what people mean, not what they say
Setting limits without making enemies
- What to do when you're ignored or interrupted (so you don't get flustered and do get results)
- How to criticize others in a way that minimizes resentment and defensiveness
- When you're being criticized: how to stay open to the message without overreacting or being "hurt"
- Ways to respond to intimidation or bullying
- Empathy: your secret weapon for defusing a hothead
- How to say "no" in a way people respect
- What to do when people don't respect your limits
- Specific techniques for dealing with lying, guilt trips and unreasonable requests
- How to avoid inconsistent behaviors that make it harder for you to set limits the next time
Gaining visibility and getting ahead
- Five steps that help you manage the stress of speaking in groups
- How to be an "active player" and contribute during meetings
- When you want to sell your point of view: how to make your idea their idea
- How to react to a challenge so you come across even stronger
- A quick and simple way to get over your fear of speaking up
- How to use conflicts to build stronger relationships