Choose an Event
Dulles, VA 20149
Bring this training to your location.
Have a group of 25 or more people?
Try private, onsite team training.
Bring this topic, or any of our 200+ topics,
to your location with customized training.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.
Already attended this seminar?
"I have been a member of Fred Pryor for almost three years now and I have yet to attend a class that didn't have valuable information that would benefit my company and/or our employees."”
— Teri M.
"Excellent!! As always, Fred Pryor's courses are easy to follow, very informative and presented in a format that keeps your attention!!"”
— Cynthia S.
"I enjoy all of the seminars that I attend through the Fred Pryor Training Rewards program. They are very informative and the instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful."”
— Tasha M.
"Excellent info for all levels of users. There are always things to add to your "bag of tricks"."”
— Wendy S.
"Wow! I have taken many wonderful courses through Fred Pryor; this one takes the cake!!"”
— Dana N.
"Top notch! Thank you Fred Pryor, this is the best investment my boss could have made."”
— Lewis C.
"I received a lot of great information in this training. Several co-workers went with me which was a great help for me to start implementing some of the changes we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that need to get to me. It was like Fred Pryor and the trainer had my back!"”
— Tasha C.
At the conclusion of this training opportunity, you will have a well-written action plan and be on your way to emerge as an effective communicator.
Turn Controversy into Harmony
- Take responsibility and hold yourself accountable
- Learn to see yourself through others’ eyes
- Find what motivates others
- Balance your personality style with the needs of your audience
- Motivate others to contribute their suggestions to produce collaborative results
- Reconcile your story of reality with others’ stories of reality
- Your story to help you understand a situation
- The other person’s story by which they understand the situation
- What happens when the stories don’t match
- Focus on what can be observed and quantified
- Build consensus among the group
- Compare and contrast to clarify statements
- Set commitments to move forward
Captivate Your Audience: Speak to Get Results
- Discover what to do when you lose your listener’s attention
- Successfully get your thoughts across to others
- Effectively prepare for important conversations
- Understand how to craft your introduction and map out a conversation
- Construct a conversation among many
- Develop contingency plans for conversations
- Appeal to logic, ethics and emotions to persuade others to see things your way
- Establish your credibility so people view you as an expert – even when you’re not
- Build rapport to get even the toughest critics on your side
- Use persuasive writing techniques
- Consider your audience
- Write a clear call to action
Simpler Is Better: Engage Readers and Motivate a Response
- Set the stage to entice your readers
- Create a message that stands out
- Discover the art of minimal text and clear delivery
- Position your reader in the center of your structure
Non-verbal Communication Methods
- Determine how surroundings influence non-verbal communication
- Listen to your own body’s cues to alert you to what is going on within a conversation
- Be aware of others’ body cues (posture, attention, gestures and details)
- Introduce work observations back into speech
- De-escalate conflict before it erupts
- Negate disputes before they explode
- Exercise what you’ve learned
- Put together strategies learned throughout the course and construct a tentative script for classroom practice
- Watch for cues and adjust your contingency plan
*Price may vary by location and date.