Choose an Event
We’re sorry, there are no events scheduled for this area. Please change your location to see seminars.
Choose a New Location
Bring this training to your location.
Have a group of 25 or more people?
Try private, onsite team training.
Bring this topic, or any of our 200+ topics,
to your location with customized training.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.
At the conclusion of this training opportunity, you will have a well-written action plan and be on your way to emerge as an effective communicator.
Turn Controversy into Harmony
- Take responsibility and hold yourself accountable
- Learn to see yourself through others’ eyes
- Find what motivates others
- Balance your personality style with the needs of your audience
- Motivate others to contribute their suggestions to produce collaborative results
- Reconcile your story of reality with others’ stories of reality
- Your story to help you understand a situation
- The other person’s story by which they understand the situation
- What happens when the stories don’t match
- Focus on what can be observed and quantified
- Build consensus among the group
- Compare and contrast to clarify statements
- Set commitments to move forward
Captivate Your Audience: Speak to Get Results
- Discover what to do when you lose your listener’s attention
- Successfully get your thoughts across to others
- Effectively prepare for important conversations
- Understand how to craft your introduction and map out a conversation
- Construct a conversation among many
- Develop contingency plans for conversations
- Appeal to logic, ethics and emotions to persuade others to see things your way
- Establish your credibility so people view you as an expert – even when you’re not
- Build rapport to get even the toughest critics on your side
- Use persuasive writing techniques
- Consider your audience
- Write a clear call to action
Simpler Is Better: Engage Readers and Motivate a Response
- Set the stage to entice your readers
- Create a message that stands out
- Discover the art of minimal text and clear delivery
- Position your reader in the center of your structure
Non-verbal Communication Methods
- Determine how surroundings influence non-verbal communication
- Listen to your own body’s cues to alert you to what is going on within a conversation
- Be aware of others’ body cues (posture, attention, gestures and details)
- Introduce work observations back into speech
- De-escalate conflict before it erupts
- Negate disputes before they explode
- Exercise what you’ve learned
- Put together strategies learned throughout the course and construct a tentative script for classroom practice
- Watch for cues and adjust your contingency plan
*Price may vary by location and date.