Choose an Event
Ashburn, VA 20149
We’re sorry, there are no events scheduled for this area. Please change your location to see seminars.
Choose a New Location
Bring this training to your location.
Have a group of 25 or more people?
Try private, onsite team training.
Bring this topic, or any of our 200+ topics,
to your location with customized training.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.
Already attended this seminar?
"I have been a member of Fred Pryor for almost three years now and I have yet to attend a class that didn't have valuable information that would benefit my company and/or our employees."”
— Teri M.
"Excellent!! As always, Fred Pryor's courses are easy to follow, very informative and presented in a format that keeps your attention!!"”
— Cynthia S.
"I enjoy all of the seminars that I attend through the Fred Pryor Training Rewards program. They are very informative and the instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful."”
— Tasha M.
"Excellent info for all levels of users. There are always things to add to your "bag of tricks"."”
— Wendy S.
"Wow! I have taken many wonderful courses through Fred Pryor; this one takes the cake!!"”
— Dana N.
"Top notch! Thank you Fred Pryor, this is the best investment my boss could have made."”
— Lewis C.
"I received a lot of great information in this training. Several co-workers went with me which was a great help for me to start implementing some of the changes we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that need to get to me. It was like Fred Pryor and the trainer had my back!"”
— Tasha C.
Get up-to-date information on all aspects of collecting debts, including:
- The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA)
- Collection practices according to both federal and state law
- The clear, distinct and crucial difference between the varying types of creditors
- An understanding of the difference between consumer debt and commercial debt
- Which applicable laws apply in collection related matters
- Strategies and techniques to gain faster results
- Legal action: know when to consider it and understand your limitations
- Collections agencies: how they work, when an agency fits your needs and how to protect your interests
Strategies for collecting debts owed — quickly and legally
- Discover how to best use credit applications and contracts to ensure prompt payment
- Implement skip tracing: learn to use today’s technology to your advantage
- Understand and comply with federal laws regulating skip tracing activity
- Be aware of how to handle out-ofstate judgments
- Learn important information about collecting from commercial firms, including corporations, partnerships and sole proprietorships
- Learn ways to adjust your policies to ensure faster collection and better cash flow
- Avoid common mistakes business professionals make in letters, emails and phone calls that can land their organizations in legal trouble
- Uncover records and information concerning hidden assets that can be used to collect debts owed to you
- Identify bad checks and know the legal procedures to follow as soon as you’ve received one
- Discover the truth about post-dated checks — is there ever a right time to accept one?
When a bankruptcy is involved, can you still collect?
- Learn the recent changes to bankruptcy law that can affect your collection procedures
- Collect on past-due accounts when your debtor has filed for bankruptcy
- Know your rights as a creditor during a debtor’s bankruptcy
- Understand creditor options under Chapter 7, Chapter 11 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy proceedings and learn how debt collectors are affected
- Protect your interests before a bankruptcy becomes imminent
Complying with FDCPA rules, regulations and statutes
- Identify the most common violations of the FDCPA — are you guilty of any of these?
- Participate in everyday scenarios to test your knowledge of collections law compliance
- Learn how to set up compliance procedures that are consistent organization-wide
- Monitor letters and phone calls: how to make sure every word and phrase are within legal guidelines
- Recognize your rights as a debt collector vs. the debtors’ rights — what you need to know about FDCPA updates, changes and guidelines
- Understand the Federal Truth in Lending Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act: compliance issues that could affect your collection procedures
When your collection procedures aren’t getting the results you want
- Choose the right options for legally locating debtors and applying greater pressure on them
- Familiarize yourself with collection agencies: how they work, why their tactics succeed and what they can offer you
- Determine if an outside collection agency is right for your needs or if it’s best to continue on your own
- Choose a reputable collections agency: what to look for, what to avoid and how to protect your own interests
- When to prepare for legal team involvement, how to go about it and concerns to bear in mind
Protecting your company’s assets in court
- Determine when it is time to consider legal action for past-due amounts
- Understand what you need to know regarding taking legal action against a debtor
- Take your debtors to court: what you need to know about this last resort
- Learn documentation procedures that will stand up in court
- Discover how to handle post-judgment legal concerns
- Find out the best way to collect judgments: wage garnishments, installment and lump sum payments, foreclosures and more
- Know what to do when you are sued: top legal defenses for protecting your company’s assets and interests
*Price may vary by location and date.