Choose an Event
PRIVATE TEAM TRAINING
Bring this topic or 200+ other training opportunities to your location in-person or online.
Request Onsite Training
View additional Human Resources training
"I have been a member of Fred Pryor for almost three years now and I have yet to attend a class that didn't have valuable information that would benefit my company and/or our employees."”
— Teri M.
"Excellent!! As always, Fred Pryor's courses are easy to follow, very informative and presented in a format that keeps your attention!!"”
— Cynthia S.
"I enjoy all of the seminars that I attend through the Fred Pryor Training Rewards program. They are very informative and the instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful."”
— Tasha M.
"Excellent info for all levels of users. There are always things to add to your "bag of tricks"."”
— Wendy S.
"Wow! I have taken many wonderful courses through Fred Pryor; this one takes the cake!!"”
— Dana N.
"Top notch! Thank you Fred Pryor, this is the best investment my boss could have made."”
— Lewis C.
"I received a lot of great information in this training. Several co-workers went with me which was a great help for me to start implementing some of the changes we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that need to get to me. It was like Fred Pryor and the trainer had my back!"”
— Tasha C.
In one information-packed day, you’ll learn how to:
- Encourage open and honest workplace discussions about ethics
- Set an example with follow-the-leader behaviors that all managers and supervisors should be following
- Include ethics as part of your company’s performance appraisal system
- Develop, implement and enforce a written ethics policy
- Understand how ethics should impact your organization’s customer service - both internally and externally
- Recognize that ethics go far beyond what’s legally required
- Ensure your mission statement includes references to your organization’s commitment to better business ethics
- Structure interview questions to uncover unethical tendencies in applicants
- React rationally to a person whose personal beliefs conflict with your organization’s ethics policies
- And much, much more!
- Ethics vs. legal - which principles have been translated into law and which ones haven’t but should still be recognized
- Corporate governance
- Examples of ethical breakdowns - how they’ve caused the creation of regulations
- Practical guidelines for ethical conduct in the workplace and how to ensure they’re being followed
- A responsible business checklist that your entire organization should be utilizing
Corporate Ethics Areas
- Human resources
- Sales and marketing
- Intellectual property
Ethics in Practice
- The importance of alignment
- How to put the right people in the right places - some employees make better role models for your organization than others
- Ways to encourage employees to follow standards, such as incentives during performance reviews
- How to deal with mistakes and ensure they don’t happen again
- Effective policies and procedures that will boost productivity and give you peace of mind
- A comparison of business traditions in other countries, and how their ethics might differ from yours
- Varying global standards - and which ones you need to make sure your organization adheres to
- The FCPA (Foreign Corrupt Practices Act)
Responsible Business Conduct Through Ethical Relationships
- Shareholders and owners
- Government officials
- Private sector
- Voluntary action
Code of Ethics Implementation
- The decision-making model
- How to build a business ethics infrastructure
- An outline of a code of conduct, and how you should adapt it to your organization
- Code of ethics development — from brainstorming and writing to implementation and maintenance, we’ll walk you through the entire creation process!
*Price may vary by location and date.