How to Supervise People
Required skills every leader must have
Supervisor training power-packed with fresh ideas to motivate you and your team
As a supervisor, you're the one in charge, but you know all too well that your job description doesn't even begin to cover the many roles you actually fill. In today's world, supervisors and their teams have more complex relationships than ever before. A supervisor must be a friend, coach, boss and mediator.
For any supervisor, training is key to success when it comes to:
- Motivating and praising
- Delivering criticism and discipline
- Working under pressure
- Ways ChatGPT/AI can help create clear goals and performance standards
- How ChatGPT/AI can be used to make better decisions
- Meeting tight deadlines
- Training new employees
- Organizing people, projects and schedules
This one-day supervisor seminar is power-packed with solid skills to help you maximize your role as a supervisor, plus fresh ideas to motivate you and your team. You'll learn how to provide meaningful praise, enhance your communication skills and keep top performers at their maximum level without burning out.
You won't be the only one who enjoys the benefits of your enhanced supervisory skills. Everyone at your organization will benefit — your own supervisor, your team and everyone else who profits from the stronger leadership, improved productivity and fresh insight you'll bring to the workplace.
Required skills every leader must have
Regardless of your supervising experience, you can always benefit from new ideas and skills. This one-day seminar is power packed with solid skills to help you maximize your role as a supervisor and fresh ideas to motivate you and your team. You'll gain increased confidence about your own role as a supervisor while reducing the stress and negative aspects of your job.Download Brochure
Overcoming the early obstacles
- Successful managers recognize early on certain challenges will come up. How you choose to deal with them will have a critical effect on your relationship with your team. Such challenges include:
- Leading friends, while maintaining performance
- Leading older, experienced employees or younger, inexperienced ones
- Controlling technology to communicate with workers and clients
- Steering clear of common management traps
- Managing your time and stress so that you can put in your best effort
Get the work out.
- Good, well-respected managers are able to give orders and instructions that are easily understood and readily accepted. You can acquire this skill by:
- Creating a basic work plan
- Learning smart ways to set goals and assess productivity
- Making job assignments stick—and work
- Using listening skills to your advantage
- Mastering the challenges of a flex workplace
Create a positive environment
Employees want to work for a manager who respects their contributions and supports their goals. Create the type of workplaces that will inspire their best work by:
- Getting the most out of a diverse work team
- Helping employees see meaning in their work
- Supporting career development
- Adapting communication styles for today’s work world
- Dealing with negative attitudes
Handle performance problems.
Top managers regularly assess employee performance and make changes when needed. What you will learn:
- Holding employees accountable for their performance
- Giving feedback that encourages employees to achieve their best
- Controlling absenteeism and tardiness
- Taking legal disciplinary action when needed
10 Tips You’ll Take Home
- How to provide meaningful praise.
- The best way to improve the productivity of a worker who is upset by a past criticism.
- What you can do to enhance your communication skills for first-rate effectiveness.
- How new managers can make the transition and take charge smoothly.
- How to feel comfortable leading friends and former peers.
- The secret to keeping top performers at their maximum level without burning out.
- How to get others to believe in your organi zation and view it as more than just a place to work.
- How to increase departmental planning and decrease your hassles through scheduling.
- The key to solving tough people problems and stimulating others to do their share.
- How to become more organized and productive and, in turn, reduce your stress.