Highlights of the 2014/2015 Edition
The 2014/2015 Edition includes the following:
- Several changes throughout the guide, as the HIPAA preexisting condition rules are now essentially moot.
- Proposed rules revising HIPAA excepted benefit rules, including limited scope dental and vision exceptions, a new exception for EAPs, and a new exception for wraparound coverage (see Chapters 3 and 12).
- New rules for reporting privacy violations and new rules for business associates (see Chapter 8).
- New discussions on HIPAA privacy and state privacy laws (see Chapter 10).
- An enhanced section providing updates to the chapter on National Health Care Reform (see 13.07).
Quick Reference to HIPAA Compliance, 2015-2016 Edition