Payroll Answer Book gives payroll professionals guidance on what steps they need to take to comply with the laws and regulations governing payroll. The Q&A format helps you quickly and easily find answers to all of your employees' payroll questions.
From both a legal and practical standpoint, broad and deep coverage is given to:
- Payroll implications of the wage and hour law
- How to handle the federal employment taxation of benefits offered to employees
- Computing and paying payroll taxes
- How to handle garnishments and other deductions
- How to determine whether workers are employees or independent contractors
- What records must be kept
- Wht the benefits and disadvantages of direct deposit of employees' wages are
- How to treat sick pay
- How to handle a merger or acquisition
- What to ask when employees work abroad
In addition to answering the full range of payroll questions, the Payroll Answer Book contains abundant examples that illustrate necessary calculations.
Payroll Answer Book