Not Posting Enough: Unlike traditional marketing that runs on campaigns, Social Media is frequent and relentless. The most common mistake marketers make is letting content lapse.
- Facebook – Daily, 7-10 per week
- LinkedIn – 1-3 times per week
- Twitter – 1-2 tweets per day, 4 max
- Blogging – 7 per week
Ineffective Content: If your content is not getting your audience to interact with your brand, it’s time to re-evaluate.
- Too promotional – Leave the ads to your billboards! Social audiences tune out self-promotion.
- Too boring – Consumers need to feel that your content is worth their time.
- Too long – Keep it short and simple. Social media users want to skim and go.
Not Leveraging Your Followers:
- Am I targeting the right audience? Humor might get engagement with a young crowd, but are they going to purchase your enterprise business software?
- Am I asking for the sale? Use direct calls-to-action to prompt readers for the results you want.
- Am I targeting the right place in the sales cycle? Find out what your audience needs. If your content pushes for a sale, and your audience is in the information gathering stage, you are out of sync.
Check your online library for help in avoiding marketing mistakes:
- Search and add to my training: Avoid Social Media Blunders
- Search and add to my training: Avoid the Top Mistakes Sales Reps Make