This sixty-minute webinar guides HR professionals, business owners and upper management stakeholders through the nuances of the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and the Emergency Paid Sick Leave Act (EPSLA). Participants will learn the appropriate use for each type of leave, along with best practices and legal how-tos. As a refresher, FMLA applies to companies with 50 or more employees within a 75-mile radius; whereas, EPSLA applies to companies with less than 500 employees. Additionally, some states have their own Paid Sick Leave laws. This webinar will cover how FMLA and EPSLA work, the recordkeeping requirements of each law, as well as how to inform employees of their rights under each law. Participants of this webinar will walk away with an understanding of when to use each law and how best to implement and maintain appropriate records.
What You'll Learn
- An overview of the basic rules for FMLA.
- An overview of the basic rules for EPSLA.
- Best methods for informing employees of their rights under each law.
- The knowledge of when to use which type of leave and why.
- How to master record-keeping and tracking requirements of both laws.
- Tips on how to enact each law if your state has other paid leave requirements.
- An understanding of the required postings for each law.