According to Bloomberg Law HR Department Benchmarks and Analysis, HR departments average 1.5 HR professionals for every 100 employees. Of the estimated 5.6 million businesses across the U.S., 98.2% employ less than 100 people according to the U.S. Census Bureau. This means hundreds of thousands of HR professionals throughout the country are working on their own, with little or no support. During this interactive 3-hour seminar, HR professionals of all tenures will learn vital information necessary to run a successful Human Resources department solo.
Being the only administrator available to answer the phone when someone needs help or advice, as well as the only person to manage onboarding, offboarding, orientation, benefits, evaluation, disciplinary and termination processes is one of the major differences between large organizations with a Human Resources team and small organizations with one HR administrator. Working tirelessly as the only HR associate is unimaginably difficult. When pressed for time and attention, critical responsibilities can easily be missed, putting you and your organization at risk. The more people you consult with who have shared goals and a wide spectrum of knowledge, the more likely you are to get fresh ideas and different perspectives—delivered in a language that is unique to Human Resources professionals. But where do you turn when you're an HR department of one?
In this fast-paced and interactive HR training session, you’ll get the tools you need to not only survive–but thrive as an HR Department of one. Whether you're new to the job or an experienced HR professional, learn invaluable skills to work efficiently and confidently as a vital and indispensable one-person HR department.
What You'll Learn
- How to build a case for your inclusion within the management structure. If you're not on your organization's leadership team, you should be.
- Suggestions for participating as a witness in counseling, disciplinary and termination discussions and tips for preparing managers who will lead such sessions.
- Methods to ensure you have the necessary expertise and resources to conduct thorough and effective investigations.
- Simple time management techniques to get organized and stay on top of HR’s ever-growing and changing workload.
- Crucial hiring strategies to help identify the best candidates.
- Solutions for onboarding as a solo HR department and what you should cover during employee orientation.
- Important details on what you need to tell your front-line supervisors about documentation and retention requirements.
- What to know now regarding critical employment laws, such as CARES, EEOC, FMLA, HIPAA, OSHA and more, as well as where to find resources to stay informed about current issues and legislation changes that can impact your organization's legal well-being.
Who Will Benefit
Human Resources professionals, administrative assistants, business owners, office managers, supervisors—anyone who handles the responsibilities of an entire HR department on their own.
Bring this training to your location or schedule a private online event.
Have a group of 25 or more people? Try private, onsite team training. Bring this topic, or any of our 200+ topics, to your location with customized training or schedule a live online private group training event. 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.
"I have been a member of Fred Pryor for almost three years now and I have yet to attend a class that didn't have valuable information that would benefit my company and/or our employees."
— Teri M.
"Excellent!! As always, Fred Pryor's courses are easy to follow, very informative and presented in a format that keeps your attention!!"
— Cynthia S.
"I enjoy all of the seminars that I attend through the Fred Pryor Training Rewards program. They are very informative and the instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful."
— Tasha M.
"Excellent info for all levels of users. There are always things to add to your "bag of tricks"."
— Wendy S.
"Wow! I have taken many wonderful courses through Fred Pryor; this one takes the cake!!"
— Dana N.
"Top notch! Thank you Fred Pryor, this is the best investment my boss could have made."
— Lewis C.
"I received a lot of great information in this training. Several co-workers went with me which was a great help for me to start implementing some of the changes we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that need to get to me. It was like Fred Pryor and the trainer had my back!"
— Tasha C.