Boost your emotional intelligence … enhance your workplace relationships … and turbo-charge your career!
There's a lot of buzz centered around emotional intelligence in the workplace right now, and with good reason. Cutting-edge research into emotional intelligence has shown that it plays a critical role in higher productivity, performance and job satisfaction. People who have a high level of emotional intelligence are more confident, more capable and earn greater respect from their colleagues. They are also better able to stay calm, flexible and focused when workplace crises hit and panic threatens to set in.
The Definition of Intelligence
- How to define intelligence: What determines a high IQ?
- Key characteristics of emotional intelligence
Self-Awareness and Emotional Intelligence
- Your personal style and how it affects your relationships with others
- Extravert, introvert, thinker, feeler — where do you fall among these four commonly recognized personality traits?
- How do your preferences impact your effectiveness with other people?
- Self-awareness: the first key step in developing a higher EQ
- The Self-Assessment Checklist will help you determine your current emotional intelligence
- The undeniable benefits of improved emotional intelligence
- How to seek feedback to improve your self-awareness
Self-Control and Managing Emotions
- How your right brain and left brain work together — and against each other — to affect your emotional reactions
- Leadership and emotional intelligence: how they are related
- Beliefs and their incredible effect on your emotions and behaviors
- How to handle irrational thinking and overcome negative emotions
Attitude and Motivation
- Techniques to identify your opportunities to grow and move forward
- Attitude, ability and motivation … how emotions affect them all
- How to use motivation to overcome the negative thoughts that hold us back
- Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs Motivation Model — What's affecting your aims and drives?
- Optimism and pessimism — the role they play in your successes and failures
- Attitude adjustment: How to change your attitude from negative to positive (it can be done!)
- Set SMART goals to develop professionally and personally
Social Competency: Enhance Your Ability to Understand and Influence Others
- The importance of empathy in communicating, understanding, listening, establishing rapport and relationship building
- The role of establishing rapport in building relationships
- Are you politically aware? Political savvy and its place in your professional success
- Keys to communicating effectively with all types of personalities
- How to master the art of listening and hear what's not being said
- Body language: How your nonverbal cues affect the message you're trying to send — and how to interpret what others are saying with their body language
- How to adapt your voice to convey the message you really mean
- Ways to use EQ for team-building: competencies of high-performing teams and their members
- Dimensions of emotional intelligence: an action plan for the future
Bring this training to your location or schedule a private online event.
Have a group of 25 or more people? Try private, onsite team training. Bring this topic, or any of our 200+ topics, to your location with customized training or schedule a live online private group training event. 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.
"I have been a member of Fred Pryor for almost three years now and I have yet to attend a class that didn't have valuable information that would benefit my company and/or our employees."
— Teri M.
"Excellent!! As always, Fred Pryor's courses are easy to follow, very informative and presented in a format that keeps your attention!!"
— Cynthia S.
"I enjoy all of the seminars that I attend through the Fred Pryor Training Rewards program. They are very informative and the instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful."
— Tasha M.
"Excellent info for all levels of users. There are always things to add to your "bag of tricks"."
— Wendy S.
"Wow! I have taken many wonderful courses through Fred Pryor; this one takes the cake!!"
— Dana N.
"Top notch! Thank you Fred Pryor, this is the best investment my boss could have made."
— Lewis C.
"I received a lot of great information in this training. Several co-workers went with me which was a great help for me to start implementing some of the changes we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that need to get to me. It was like Fred Pryor and the trainer had my back!"
— Tasha C.