The overall meaning of digital marketing is any form of advertising that is done through a digital channel. Determining the best digital marketing strategy that fits your business is the first step in a successful plan. A major advantage to digital marketing versus traditional marketing is that results are in real time. You have the ability to see if advertising campaigns are proving fruitful and view website traffic immediately.
Building a solid foundation as you embark on your digital marketing journey is key. We'll walk you through step-by-step, and provide the tools you need to build a framework for success.
This one day course will add dimension to your organization's digital marketing efforts. You'll:
- Learn digital marketing basics.
- Find the best social media platforms for your organization.
- Discover how to strategize and develop integrated email and web campaigns.
- Study insights into analytics and evaluating the return on your digital investment.
- Determine ways to define your digital marketing strategy.
Digital Marketing Overview
- What's Changed and Emerging Trends
- Discover the new face of primetime, drive time, newspapers and more
- Learn how digital disruption continually affects your digital marketing strategy
- Digital Landscape: The Evolution of the Consumer Journey
- Use multichannel marketing to get your customers to spend up to four times more
- Find out why it's critical to create and maintain a single view of your customer across all channels — websites, apps, social media, etc.
- Look at brands using digital marketing successfully
- How did they become a thought leader?
- How do they influence purchases?
- How do they generate online sales?
- How does their customer support attract, keep and convert customers?
- How do they nurture customer relationships?
- How do they fuel brand advocacy?
- Discover important technologies that will boost your digital marketing program
- Content Management Systems
- Website Analytics Platforms
- Marketing Automation Technologies
- Best Practices for Email and Text
- Avoid blacklisting and SPAM filters so you reach current and potential buyers
- Explore a must-have guide to effective email streams
- Manage opt-ins/opt-outs to retain as many customers as possible
- Social Media
- Find out which social media platforms are "in"
- Discover the demographics of popular platforms
- Learn what types of "posts" offer the highest engagement for each platform
- The Role of Digital
- Understand the role digital plays in your overall marketing strategy
- Take an objective look at what you're doing right - and what needs to change now
- Identify missing opportunities to engage your customers online
- Examine how your target segments use digital to research, purchase and advocate products
- Identify the must-have components of a digital program
- Determine Your Digital Priorities
- Establish goals, objectives and key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Understand the critical difference between metrics and KPIs
- Define your target audience priority
- External Assessment
- Assess your current performance and pinpoint what to keep and what to ditch
- Evaluate your target audience - what are their likes and dislikes?
- Compare your efforts with your competitors
- What to measure
- How to "grade" yourself
- How to make sense of the results
- Analyze industry best practices
- What to look for in online benchmarking tools
- How to leverage online tools for the most accurate results
- Internal Assessment and Review
- Identify your stakeholders and solicit their insight
- Discover how to provide an overview of analytics
- Learn major internal research insights to focus on
Develop Your Strategy
- Use SMART Goals to Guide Digital KPIs
- Think strategically and establish a plan for the next five years
- Develop a Project Plan: What to Include to Ensure Effectiveness
- Establish and communicate a digital vision
- Examine sample plans to identify the best approach for your organization
Implement Your Strategy
- Understand and Optimize Results
- Learn proven techniques to drive traffic - earned, owned and paid
- Discover how to increase Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and traffic referrals
- Gain tips and tricks to help grow online sales
- Relationship Management
- Establish and nurture relationships online, so you control content and your story
- Implement effective content marketing strategies
- Develop a content calendar that keeps customers coming back
- Build and Grow Your Social Media Presence
- Discover the most popular social media platforms
- Learn how to establish your social brand identity
Digital Marketing Governance
- Learn ways to keep your efforts compliant
Bring this training to your location or schedule a private online event.
Have a group of 25 or more people? Try private, onsite team training. Bring this topic, or any of our 200+ topics, to your location with customized training or schedule a live online private group training event. 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.
"I have been a member of Fred Pryor for almost three years now and I have yet to attend a class that didn't have valuable information that would benefit my company and/or our employees."
— Teri M.
"Excellent!! As always, Fred Pryor's courses are easy to follow, very informative and presented in a format that keeps your attention!!"
— Cynthia S.
"I enjoy all of the seminars that I attend through the Fred Pryor Training Rewards program. They are very informative and the instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful."
— Tasha M.
"Excellent info for all levels of users. There are always things to add to your "bag of tricks"."
— Wendy S.
"Wow! I have taken many wonderful courses through Fred Pryor; this one takes the cake!!"
— Dana N.
"Top notch! Thank you Fred Pryor, this is the best investment my boss could have made."
— Lewis C.
"I received a lot of great information in this training. Several co-workers went with me which was a great help for me to start implementing some of the changes we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that need to get to me. It was like Fred Pryor and the trainer had my back!"
— Tasha C.