Discover the basics, plus expert power tips!
Starting with the basics and moving to more advanced features, you'll learn how to turn Excel into your most powerful productivity tool. If you're only tapping into a few of the features of this powerful and versatile software, get set for a productivity explosion! You'll learn hundreds of ways to work faster, smarter and savvier with Excel!
You don't have to waste hours wading through thick manuals … sitting in classes for days, even weeks … fruitlessly punching keys in trial and error learning efforts — forget all that! Our guaranteed one-day computer training gives you the most information possible in the least amount of time. Most of us don't have time in our busy workdays for extended training or on-the-job learning. Enroll in Excel Basics today, and you'll master the basics and move on to the tough stuff — away from deadlines, demands, and office pressures.
Take a quick tour of Excel basics!
- Shortcut menus: the most efficient way to access commands for any task
- Help for Help! How to find what you need in Help without the endless searching and scrolling
- How to select cells or ranges of cells — two methods to choose from
- How to find a single file or a particular workbook in record time
Build a worksheet from the ground up
- What to consider before you create a worksheet — expert advice on building a worksheet framework that will accomplish your objectives
- Tips for entering text and numbers, and a super-quick way to cancel or confirm your entry
- The view you need — how to zoom in and zoom out of your worksheet
- When titles and labels keep moving out of view: techniques to freeze them in place while you move around your worksheet
Harness the real power behind the numbers
- Formula and Function basics — on-the-mark advice that will end confusion once and for all
- Mathematical formulas made easy: how to subtract, multiply, or divide data
- Basic Excel functions that let you calculate averages, percentages, and much more using built-in predefined formulas
Learn the techniques that produce visually exciting worksheets!
- The secrets to attractive, readable worksheets: five formatting guidelines that apply to any worksheet you produce
- How to control alignment, decimals, dollar signs and more — in one easy operation
- Fonts, shading and borders that increase the readability and attractiveness of your worksheet
Get the output you want without trial-and-error printing
- Print Options: the many choices Excel gives you to customize your printing. Plus, how to add headers, footers, and page numbers to a worksheet
- No more strange page breaks — how to set manual page breaks and ensure that your titles and labels print on every page
Add impact and visual punch to your data!
- An easy-to-understand glossary of the terms used in charting and graphing data
- The Chart Wizard — how to easily produce vivid, exciting charts to accompany your data, even if you're a total novice
- Where to actually put your chart: all about embedded charts, separate charts, and chart sheets within a workbook
Gain speed, efficiency, and ease at every session!
- Large worksheets with Split Windows — the best way to effortlessly view distant figures side by side
- For mouse-haters: a quick guide to shortcuts that keep your hands on the keyboard
- An end to macro mystery — how you can automate many tasks using macros
Bring this training to your location or schedule a private online event.
Have a group of 25 or more people? Try private, onsite team training. Bring this topic, or any of our 200+ topics, to your location with customized training or schedule a live online private group training event. 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.
"I have been a member of Fred Pryor for almost three years now and I have yet to attend a class that didn't have valuable information that would benefit my company and/or our employees."
— Teri M.
"Excellent!! As always, Fred Pryor's courses are easy to follow, very informative and presented in a format that keeps your attention!!"
— Cynthia S.
"I enjoy all of the seminars that I attend through the Fred Pryor Training Rewards program. They are very informative and the instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful."
— Tasha M.
"Excellent info for all levels of users. There are always things to add to your "bag of tricks"."
— Wendy S.
"Wow! I have taken many wonderful courses through Fred Pryor; this one takes the cake!!"
— Dana N.
"Top notch! Thank you Fred Pryor, this is the best investment my boss could have made."
— Lewis C.
"I received a lot of great information in this training. Several co-workers went with me which was a great help for me to start implementing some of the changes we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that need to get to me. It was like Fred Pryor and the trainer had my back!"
— Tasha C.