New to HR? Recently been asked to take on greater HR responsibilities?
This course will swiftly get you up to speed on all aspects of HR — from legal and compliance issues to hiring and firing, benefits administration, records maintenance and more!
In just one intensive day of training, you'll learn …
- An HR overview on FLSA, EEO, FMLA, ADA and more
- Benefits essentials covering the basics of workers' comp, FMLA and COBRA
- Recordkeeping 101: what to keep, how long to keep it, what to toss and who has access
- Best practices to establish employees' confidence and earn respect
- Strategies for employee coaching, counseling and discipline
- Critical, need-to-know legal info about hiring and firing
Laws and Practices that Comply: How to Stay on Top of Federal Rulesand Regulations
- The laws every HR professional should know regarding FLSA, EEO, OSHA, FMLA, ADA and HIPAA
- Smart practices to keep your organization out of legal trouble and minimize liability
- Are your current practices legally sound? How to troubleshoot potential legal hot spots and avoid the courtroom
- The employee manual — rules for must-have content (and guidelines on what to leave out!)
- Tips for educating employees on written — and unwritten — company policies
- The training every employee must receive to ensure safe and legal procedures within your organization
Safe Hiring and Firing Practices: Critical Legal Issues for All HR Professionals
- Legal Hiring Practices: What you may and may not ask in an interview (and why)
- Interview questions and techniques that will yield the best hires
- Before you make the offer — a checklist of steps every HR professional must take before hiring
- References, background checks and drug tests — the legally safe way to get the information you need
- The essentials for coaching, counseling and disciplining employees
- How to conduct an effective, motivating, legally sound performance review
- Guidelines for legal termination of an employee
- Legally correct documentation and how long to keep information in the employee file
Benefits Administration: Policies and Procedures to Help You Help Your Employees
- Benefits essentials such as workers’ compensation, FMLA and COBRA
- Types of benefits and how to educate employees on their eligibility
- Training methods to familiarize your employees with available benefits so they’ll understand and participate
- Know the differences between exempt and non-exempt classifications, and wage and hour basics
- Types of signage you must display in your business and why
- Steps to take when benefits change, for the better or the worse
- Ways to get employees to see the HR department as a positive resource
Record Keeping and Records Retention: How to Create an Efficient, Effective and Legally Compliant Program
- A list of employee records you must have access to at all times
- Records the government requires and how to prepare for an audit
- Employee files: What goes in, what stays out and who has access
- Pre-employment and employment records you must keep under the EEOC
- Confidentiality and the HR function — best practices of human resources professionals
- Storage methods for keeping confidential records safe and secure
Bring this training to your location or schedule a private online event.
Have a group of 25 or more people? Try private, onsite team training. Bring this topic, or any of our 200+ topics, to your location with customized training or schedule a live online private group training event. 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.
"I have been a member of Fred Pryor for almost three years now and I have yet to attend a class that didn't have valuable information that would benefit my company and/or our employees."
— Teri M.
"Excellent!! As always, Fred Pryor's courses are easy to follow, very informative and presented in a format that keeps your attention!!"
— Cynthia S.
"I enjoy all of the seminars that I attend through the Fred Pryor Training Rewards program. They are very informative and the instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful."
— Tasha M.
"Excellent info for all levels of users. There are always things to add to your "bag of tricks"."
— Wendy S.
"Wow! I have taken many wonderful courses through Fred Pryor; this one takes the cake!!"
— Dana N.
"Top notch! Thank you Fred Pryor, this is the best investment my boss could have made."
— Lewis C.
"I received a lot of great information in this training. Several co-workers went with me which was a great help for me to start implementing some of the changes we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that need to get to me. It was like Fred Pryor and the trainer had my back!"
— Tasha C.