Administering FMLA can be risky business — but if properly understood and used, it can work to your
Are you familiar with the ins and outs of FMLA? Does your organization have a thorough policy that covers all of
the situations you might face in administering FMLA? If an employee tries to take advantage of FMLA, would you know
how to handle it?
Don't get caught unprepared. Your organization could end up in a tangled legal web if you're not familiar with
the intricacies of FMLA. With every new court case, the FMLA becomes better defined … and sometimes more confusing.
In just one hour, you'll gain a better understanding of the FMLA, learn to eliminate FMLA confusion and explore
Do you know the answers to these questions?
- A husband and wife work for your organization and both request the full 12-week FMLA leave for
the birth of their child. Are they both eligible for the full 12 weeks of leave?
- An employee working for you on a part-time basis requests FMLA leave. He has worked at least 1250
hours during the previous 12-month period. Is he eligible as a part-time employee?
- An employee on FMLA leave argues that you must continue paying her regular pay while she is on
leave. Is she right … or are you in violation of the FMLA?
- An employee with an absenteeism problem continues to claim FMLA leave. Is this abuse by the
individual or is he eligible for FMLA leave?
- An employee requests several weeks of FMLA for a serious health condition. Your organization
requires that the employee provide a medical certificate from the healthcare provider and the employee balks. Does
your organization have the right to require a medical certificate under the FMLA?
- An employee requests FMLA leave; however, she wants to take unpaid leave and doesn't want her
accrued vacation time used as part of the leave. Can your organization force her to use her paid vacation leave and
count it toward FMLA leave?
If you answered "I'm not sure" or "I don't know" to even one question, then you need to attend this program to
keep yourself and your organization out of FMLA trouble. This powerful 1-hour Webinar is a worthwhile
investment that could end up saving you thousands of dollars in the long run.
Don't just assume that you're doing it right or that you know enough to get by. Get a true understanding of
the law and be confident that your organization and its policies are fair, compliant and consistent.
You and your entire organization can benefit from this exciting
and informative 1-hour course. Don't miss out — get great training that could save you a great deal
of money in the years to come!
What You'll Learn
- Eliminate the confusion know what the FMLA really says
- Coordinate your FMLA policy with your other leave policies and avoid overlap
- Understand how FMLA can work to your advantage, how it can quickly turn against you and how it can take a turn for the worse if you're not careful
- How to cope with employees who misuse or abuse FMLA
- Learn about the latest court cases on FMLA: what to be aware of, what to watch out for and what to change
- Discover common misunderstandings: what they are, how they'll get you into trouble and how to avoid them
- Uncover the answers can you fire an employee who's on FMLA leave? How do you handle pregnancy and maternity/paternity leave quandaries?
Who Will Benefit
HR professionals, employer representatives, managers and supervisors and anyone who is involved with administering FMLA or needs a greater understanding of the law!