It can be very difficult to maintain composure and resolve conflict appropriately in some of today's sticky healthcare situations.
If you're a healthcare professional or work in a healthcare environment, you're bound to deal with difficult patients. And, if not handled correctly, a difficult patient can escalate into a hazardous event. Most patients don't set out to be difficult. Rather, they become difficult out of frustration, anger, confusion and/or fear.
Learn how to address all of these situations and end each encounter on a positive note. This Webinar equips you with the communication strategies and confrontation management skills you need to survive and thrive in your demanding, high-stress healthcare environment. After one hour, you and your coworkers will return to work with a fresh outlook and the sense of fulfillment, satisfaction and empathy that brought you to the healthcare field in the first place.
Dealing with Difficult Patients and Their Families will benefit you and your staff if you've dealt with difficult patients who:
- Have done their research, provided a self-diagnosis and want to argue with your diagnosis
- Don't feel like you're providing enough personalized one-on-one time with them
- Have become agitated and physical with you
- Are frustrated with your facility's policies or practices
- Feel their ailments take precedence over others who may also be waiting
- Are confused due to a medical, physical or mental condition
- Have fear due to the diagnosis, illness or symptoms they are experiencing
If any of these difficult patient descriptions sound familiar to you, you will benefit from the strategies and techniques taught in this program. This powerful one-hour Webinar can help you maintain your safety and your sanity even in the most trying situations.
Don't just listen to the complaints and frustrations of your patients — in this course, learn how to improve the situation and prevent them from happening in the future.
You and your entire team can benefit from this exciting and fun one-hour Webinar. Don't miss out on this class — get great training that will have you ending each encounter with a patient on a positive note!
What You'll Learn
- Identify the underlying causes of a difficult patient
- Develop an approach to deal with difficult patients that results in a more consistent, positive outcome
- Handle the physically aggressive patient with techniques that reinforce a safe environment for all
- Establish documentation techniques to increase protection for yourself and your facility
- Calm down the angry patient with these effective communication strategies
- Discover best practices for dealing with the patient's family
Who Will BenefitNurses, nurses' aides, physicians, office managers and staff in medical offices, clinical technicians, hospice workers, nursing home employees and any other healthcare professional who is involved in caring for patients will benefit from this workshop.