Writing is an integral part of being a successful business professional today. From
reports and proposals to letters and e-mails, your business documents are a direct reflection of you and your organization. Are your
written communications clear, concise, and professional — and do they deliver the results you're looking for?
When faced with a blank page or computer screen, it's easy to feel
overwhelmed, stressed, and even a little panicked. For countless professionals, sitting down to write a business document is an
exercise in frustration. If you've ever experienced anxiety over creating written business communication, we have the training you
need to help eliminate grammar gaffes, sloppy spelling, and cumbersome copy.
Would you benefit from the knowledge and know-how needed
- Write business documents that elicit a specific response from your reader?
- Develop opening statements that captivate the reader's attention?
- Keep the language in your writing dynamic and lively while maintaining professionalism?
- Establish credibility and trust with your reader?
- Maintain consistency in writing style across your organization?
- Become a more confident, capable communicator?
If you answered yes to one or more of the above questions, enroll today in
this power-packed one-hour workshop. With the tips and techniques provided throughout the course, you'll learn how to create clear, compelling, and
error-free business documents that reflect positively on you and get the results you deserve. Plus, we'll reinforce what you learn by
presenting visual examples that help you make sense of it all. You'll be able to implement your new skills from the program immediately, and you'll
see positive changes in your very next written business document.
Poor writing skills reflect negatively on your ability, your confidence,
and your business savvy. On the other hand, crisp, clear business documents reveal a powerful, take-charge professional who's going
places, fast! Even if you aren't a "natural" writer, you can learn to write polished, professional documents that pique your readers'
interest and hold their attention until the very last word.
Don't spend another day struggling to write business documents that are on target, on
topic, and on deadline. With this class, discover professional writing strategies that will help you tackle even the toughest writing projects with
ease, and get the action, reaction, and results you're looking for!
What You'll Learn
- Discover 5 simple rules that guarantee clarity and simplicity in any kind of written document
- Learn "red flag" words and phrases you should never use in business writing
- Understand the difference between active and passive voice — and why voice is one of the most essential elements of writing
- Identify how to state your objective clearly and concisely to ensure it doesn't get lost in your writing
- Eliminate "blank page paranoia" — get the first word out and overcome writing fears that cause delays and procrastination
- Go from start to finish in 5 easy steps essential for completing writing projects of any size
- Use a 3-step quick assessment that helps you "hear" your messages as your readers might
- Learn the 4 characteristics of effective business communication — and pinpoint your own strengths and weaknesses
- Develop best practices for keeping your documentation consistent and up-to-date
- Recognize the importance of a company "style guide" — and understand how it can help streamline communications within your organization
Who Will Benefit
Managers, supervisors, team leaders, administrative professionals and every member of your organization can improve his or her written business communication and attain an elevated level of respect!