You think you know how to use Word. But are you really using all of the features and functions at your fingertips that can make your life easier and streamline your
Word processing is an integral application in our day-to-day business practices and communication. From creating documents, memos, and letters to using mail merge for custom creation of envelopes and labels, most business professionals find themselves using Microsoft Word for a variety of simple, yet vital, office tasks.
However, Word also offers a number of productivity tools and advanced features that can help you truly maximize the power of what this comprehensive program can do for you.
You are probably thinking, "I have been using Word for years. The program seems simple enough, the menus are intuitive, and I can make this program work to meet my needs. What more do I need to know?" Microsoft Word offers a host of powerful techniques and options that can change the way you think about your day-to-day office tasks and make a dramatic impact on your productivity.
Just think about some of the priorities that bog down your workdays. What if you could:
- Simplify your document creation by automating repetitive tasks?
- Utilize a number of formatting tools to help you create stronger end products that get better results?
- Manage documents that require numerous revisions from more than one reviewer?
- Develop templates and forms that streamline your office paperwork?
- Use Word in tandem with other software applications for improved collaboration?
- Minimize the time spent looking up hidden features and functions that could increase consistency and save you time?
Word offers an abundance of built-in features and customizable techniques to help you solve even the peskiest of these problems … and so much more! If you already find yourself using Word so frequently, why not spend it more effectively and get the most from what Word has to offer — functions beyond basic word processing?
In just one information-packed hour of advanced Microsft Word training, we can help you make Word work harder for you, and help you work smarter day in and day out. This Advanced Tips and Techniques for Microsoft Word Users workshop will offer critical tips and tricks easily accessible in Word that can substantially simplify a variety of office tasks and streamline the way you work. This class will also help you simplify your Word experience and get a better handle on which add-ons make sense for you — and let you know where they are and how to implement them! From templates and forms to macros and collaboration tools, Word offers an array of features that will shorten your time spent on repetitive tasks and change the way you think about tackling your to-dos.
In just a one hour course, you'll discover the hidden power of Word … coupled with all the features and functions that will help you become more efficient and more effective! Discover just how easy it is to make Word work for you, and revitalize the way you work!
What You'll Learn
- Take your templates beyond the basics
- Understand how to use Mail Merge for more than just labels and envelopes
- Automate repetitive tasks and work more efficiently with macros
- Use Word as a portal for collaborating with a variety of other software programs
- Maintain cohesion and maximize your visual punch with Themes and SmartArt®
- Manage versioning and edits with Track Changes
- Identify the dos and don'ts of merging and comparing documents
- Discover hidden features and functions that will have you accessing new commands in no time
- Maximize your efficiencies with add-ons — simple features that can make a significant impact
- Save time and maintain consistency with Quick Parts and Building Blocks
- Link forms to external sources for easier data sharing
Who Will Benefit
Managers, team leaders, supervisors, administrative specialists, marketers — anyone and everyone who uses Microsoft Word and is looking to utilize overlooked and underused features to get more from this versatile program!