Workshop covers Outlook 2010 and previous versions. Demoed in Outlook
You think you know
how to use Outlook. But are you really using all of the features and
functions at your fingertips that can make your life easier and
streamline your workday?
Technology, and email
in particular, is integral in our day-to-day business processes and
communication. With more to do and less time in which to do it,
business professionals are always looking for ways to maximize their
productivity and add hours back into their days. Why not start with
Outlook — something you are already using every day?
You are probably
thinking, "I use email every day. I know how to send and receive
messages, how to add appointments and meetings to my calendar, and
how to keep a list of contacts readily accessible. What more is
there to know?" Microsoft Outlook, one of the world's most widely
used email clients, offers numerous lesser-known features and
functions that can make a dramatic impact on your day and ease some
of your most basic work-related frustrations.
Just think about
some of your most problematic communication and scheduling issues.
Do you ever find yourself:
- Overwhelmed by the sheer volume of email in your
in-box on a daily basis?
- Struggling to sort through your in-box and
decide what to keep, what to delete, and where to keep it?
- Trudging through your calendar to find
particular appointments, meetings, or reminders that you've
- Longing to have a concise, easily-navigable
to-do list that works for you?
- Wondering what is the most effective way to keep
your contact list current and clean?
- Frustrated with the long lists of options
available in Outlook that you are unfamiliar with, or unsure of how
to use most efficiently?
Outlook offers an
abundance of built-in features and customizable options to help you
solve even the peskiest of these problems … and so much more! Since
you're spending so much time using email, why not spend it more
effectively and get the most from what Outlook has to offer — beyond
email and calendar?
In just one
information-packed hour of Outlook training, we can help you make Outlook work harder
for you, and help you work smarter day in and day out. 60 Minutes
of Outlook Secrets will offer critical tips and tricks easily
accessible in your email program that can substantially reduce your
frustrations and streamline your daily communication. We'll help you
customize your email experience so that it fits your particular
needs and follows a logical progression with how you already use
Outlook. From tasks and to-dos to journals and collaboration tools,
Outlook offers a host of features that will shorten your time spent
on repetitive tasks and keep you organized, once and for
In this one hour class,
you'll discover the hidden power of Outlook … coupled with all the
features and functions that will help you become more efficient and
more effective! Discover just how easy it is to make Outlook work
for you with this informative course, and enjoy all the time you're saving each day!
What You'll Learn
- Master the four "D"s of decision-making: delete it, do it, delegate it, or defer it
- Understand how to customize "The View" in Outlook so that your toolbars and layout are most functional for your particular needs
- Develop a concise system for wading through new emails
- Organize and categorize emails so that they are easy to find whenever you need them
- Create strategic folders that will provide you with functional access to your most important archived emails
- Set up rules to automatically filter incoming messages
- Assign delegations and permissions to your tasks and calendars
- Use color to categorize emails for easy searching
- Drag and drop in Outlook to save precious time in your day
- Utilize the tasks and to-do options available in Outlook to get more done and keep track of your projects with ease
- Easily move between Outlook components without spending time searching through menus
Who Will Benefit
Managers, team leaders, supervisors, administrative specialists, marketers — anyone and everyone who uses Microsoft Outlook and is looking for a way to add hours back into their days!