Microsoft® Excel®: Beyond the Basics
An accelerated one-day Excel training workshop to make you a Pro!
Covers Excel 2007 and 2010
It's frustrating to know what Excel can do, but not understand the techniques to accomplish it. In just one day, you'll not only learn the formulas, database techniques and macro commands that make work go faster, but we'll also show you the Excel tips and shortcuts the pros rely on to make data more useful and worksheets easier to manipulate.
You'll learn advanced Excel tips like how to design and debug a macro and how to create and manage a PivotChart®. Even linking and data exchange operations you once dreaded will become easier!
In one day of advanced Excel Training, we'll cover:
- Tips to improve the quality, accuracy and usefulness of every Excel worksheet!
- How to use the Visual Basic Editor to eliminate repetitive keystrokes and save time
- Ways to create visually exciting charts with graphics with customized drawing tools
- The most important database functions and how they work
- Easy ways to collect and format data
- How to use PivotCharts
- And much more!
What our Customers are Saying...
Setup and Editing Success
- 7 rules that make worksheet setup easy
- How to conceal data in cells, columns and rows without losing it
- 3 steps to protect your data
- 9 keyboard shortcuts that will cut hours from your work
- Tips on changing chart attributes without losing data
- How to manipulate multiple ranges with Autofill
- The overlooked problem-solver for naming ranges
- The end of data entry drudgery — how to get the software to do it for you
Formulas and Functions That Cut Work Down to Size
- Tips for building complex formulas quickly and accurately
- How to utilize the hundreds of functions at your fingertips
- How to use absolute and mixed cells
- Logic functions — the "If," "And" and "Or" statements that make data more usable
- 7 formulas you can use right away to select, extract and combine text entries
- 4 benefits of manipulating your text
- The all-important functions and what each does
- How to give multiple views of your data
How to Make the Most of Macros
- When to use an automated procedure or macro — and when not to
- Tips for recording a complex macro and ensuring it runs easily
- How to assign command buttons to macros
- Techniques for debugging a macro, as easy as 1,2,3
- How to start — and use — the Visual Basic Editor
Data Exchange with Other Applications
- Specific steps for sharing data with Microsoft PowerPoint®, Access®, Word and other platforms
- How to save your Excel work in a Web-friendly format
The Power of Tables, Databases and Lists
- How to sort to maximize the data's usability
- Auditing: a visual map of your formulas
- How to build and manage a PivotChart that's everything management wants
- The best way to analyze equations with scenarios
- A shortcut for calculating trends and projecting future ones
*NOTE: This seminar is delivered via computer-less training to ensure you won't waste valuable time entering data, correcting mistakes and waiting for other seminar attendees to catch up. You'll receive a handy workbook guide that summarizes key tips for easy reference once you return to the office.
Looking for more? Check out all of our Excel training solutions!
1-Day Seminar - US $99.00
Groups of 5 or more: $89.00
Washington, DC - May 12th
Washington, DC - February 20th
Wilmington, DE - March 13th
Annapolis, MD - February 12th
Annapolis, MD - May 5th
Baltimore, MD - February 25th
Baltimore, MD - May 14th
College Park, MD - February 10th
College Park, MD - May 19th
Frederick, MD - May 8th
Frederick, MD - February 12th
Jessup, MD - May 15th
Salisbury, MD - March 18th
Towson, MD - February 27th
Allentown, PA - March 27th
Allentown, PA - December 18th
Altoona, PA - April 2nd
Chambersburg, PA - March 18th
Dubois, PA - March 31st
Greensburg, PA - December 18th
Greensburg, PA - April 24th
Harrisburg, PA - December 16th
Harrisburg, PA - March 11th
King Of Prussia, PA - December 3rd
King Of Prussia, PA - March 11th
Lancaster, PA - March 25th
Lancaster, PA - December 18th
Reading, PA - March 25th
State College, PA - December 16th
York, PA - March 4th
Fairfax, VA - February 18th
Fairfax, VA - May 21st
Fredericksburg, VA - May 8th
Fredericksburg, VA - February 5th
Harrisonburg, VA - May 19th
Lynchburg, VA - February 10th
Richmond, VA - February 5th
Richmond, VA - May 21st
Winchester, VA - February 3rd
Winchester, VA - May 7th
Bring this training to your location
Have a group of 15 or more? Try Private Team Training! Bring this topic — or any of our 200+ topics — to your location with customized On-Site Training.
Request a personalized quote today!
Continuing Education Certificates
You can obtain a certificate documenting your professional credits by visiting our certificate page.
Certificates will be available 10 days after your event has ended. You can find more information on credits, including a complete list of eligible courses here.