Microsoft® Excel® for the First-Time User
It's not as scary as you think!
1-Day Seminar - US $79.00; For groups of 5 or more, 74.00
Covers Excel 2007 and 2010
Excel training created just for "newbies"!
There's no doubt Excel can be intimidating for first-timers and paging through manuals or taking confusing online tutorials can be discouraging. While Excel is not difficult to use once you know what you're doing, as a beginner, you may find the learning process challenging. If you've never opened a worksheet, worked with cells, rows and columns or used a formula, this course is for you!
Excel is recognized as one of today's most powerful and versatile business tools, but frustration can easily set in if you aren't familiar with its basic functions, formulas, commands and keystrokes. This course is an exceptional introduction to this powerful software program. Step-by-step, you'll become familiar with the Excel screen, learn to work with cells, columns and rows, discover how to create and format a spreadsheet, learn to enter and organize data, and perform calculations using Excel's pre-set Formulas.
You'll master these basics and more in just one day of Excel training:
- Build and format worksheets
- Edit cells, columns and rows
- Enter, track and analyze all types of data
- Perform calculations using formulas and Excel's pre-set Functions
- Prepare professional-looking reports and documents
- Create colorful graphs, charts and tables
- Go from screen to paper — print flawlessly
- And much more!
This Excel training seminar is designed to be effective, efficient and above all, user-friendly. You'll gain all the essential skills you need to start using Excel as a powerful business tool as soon as you return to the office. You'll be amazed at how much more productive you'll become as you use Excel to visually present data, show statistics, trends and forecasts, perform complex calculations and much more.
Part One: Screen Time [View +]
Become familiar with the Excel screen: the Ribbon, menus, toolbars and more including:
- Active Cell
- Formula Bar
- Name Box
- Column Letters
- Row Numbers
- Sheet Tabs
- Quick Access Toolbar
Part Two: Creating a Spreadsheet [View +]
"Worksheets" are the Excel documents you create to enter, analyze, display and update your data. In this section, we'll cover how to:
- Enter data — as easy as 1-2-3
- Adjust column width
- Use Auto Complete to simplify data entry
- Differentiate between Excel data types
- Edit cells
- Change cell background colors and font colors
- Add and delete columns or rows
- Create a data list
- Sort a list
- Freeze and unfreeze columns and rows
- Save your document
Part Three: Formatting Basics [View +]
Formatting helps you customize your worksheets, and ensures they look and perform exactly how you want them to. Learn to:
- Format cells
- Format numbers for dates, currency and numbers
- Format your worksheets
- Format documents for printing
- Add borders to your worksheet
- Use the NOW function to add the current date
- Insert Headers and Footers
Part Four: Step-by-Step Guide to Formulas [View +]
Learn formulas to perform calculations such as sums, percentages, averages, interest and more! We'll teach you how to:
- Enter a formula to perform the required calculation
- Use Excel's pre-set formulas or Functions to streamline your work
- Use SUM and AutoSUM to add a column of numbers
- Use cell references in formulas
- Use formulas and references
*NOTE: This seminar is delivered via computer-less training to ensure you won't waste valuable time entering data, correcting mistakes and waiting for other seminar attendees to catch up. You'll receive a handy workbook guide that summarizes key tips for easy reference once you return to the office.
Looking for more? Check out all of our Excel training solutions!