Microsoft® Excel® Basics
Become a confident, capable Excel 2007 and 2010 user with this customized Excel training!
1-Day Seminar - US $79.00; For groups of 5 or more, 74.00
Covers Excel 2007 and 2010
Microsoft Excel is one of today's most powerful and versatile business tools, but if you're not familiar with its basic functions, formulas, commands and keystrokes, you're setting yourself up for frustration and disappointment. This Excel
for beginners training seminar gives you strong fundamentals to build on. With
the basic Excel training you'll learn how to use charts, graphs, fonts, borders, shading and more — and produce spreadsheets that communicate better and really get attention. You'll discover professional Excel tips for brilliant, distinctive output every time, on every worksheet.
This one-day workshop will show you how to turn Excel into your most powerful productivity ally. You'll learn hundreds of Excel tips to help you work faster, smarter and savvier than ever before!
With just one class of Excel training, we'll show you how to:
- Master Excel formulas and functions
- Design and organize professional looking worksheets
- Add charts and graphs to give your spreadsheets a visual punch
- Copy, move, delete, insert or replace anything in your worksheet with ease
- Solve common printing problems and end irritating surprises once and for all
- Create and use simple macros that save time and sidestep mistakes
- And much more!
Take a quick tour of Excel basics! [View +]
- Shortcut menus: the most efficient ways to access commands for any task
- Help for Help! How to find what you need in Help without endless searching and scrolling
- How to select cells or ranges of cells — 2 methods to choose from
- Excel Workbooks: the backbone to efficient file management
- How to find a single file or a particular workbook in record time
Build a worksheet from the ground up [View +]
- What to consider before you create a worksheet — expert advice on building a worksheet framework that will accomplish your objectives
- Tips for entering text and numbers, and a super-quick way to cancel or confirm your entry
- Ways to copy and move data without anxiety
- The view you need — how to zoom in or zoom out of the worksheet
- When titles and labels keep moving out of view: techniques to freeze them in place while you move around your worksheet
Harness the real power behind the numbers [View +]
- Formula and Function basics — on-the-mark advice that will end confusion once and for all
- Mathematical formulas made easy: how to subtract, multiply or divide data
- Basic Excel functions that let you calculate averages, percentages and much more using built-in predefined formulas
Learn the techniques that produce visually exciting worksheets! [View +]
- The secrets to attractive, readable worksheets: 5 formatting guidelines that apply to any worksheet you produce
- How to control alignment, decimals, dollar signs and more — in one easy operation
- Fonts, shading and borders that increase the readability and attractiveness of your worksheet
Get the output you want without trial-and-error printing [View +]
- Print Options: the many choices Excel gives you to customize your printing. Plus, how to add headers, footers and page numbers to a worksheet
- No more strange page breaks — how to set manual page breaks and ensure that your titles and labels print on every page
Add impact and visual punch to your data [View +]
- An easy-to-understand glossary of the terms used in charting and graphing data
- The Chart Wizard — how to easily produce vivid, exciting charts to accompany your data, even if you're a total novice
- Where to actually put your chart: all about embedded charts, separate charts and chart sheets within a workbook
Gain speed, efficiency and ease at every session! [View +]
- Steps to customize Excel and achieve maximum personal productivity
- Large worksheets with Split Windows — the best way to effortlessly view distant figures side by side
- A practical look at database basics to get you started
- For mouse-haters: a quick guide to shortcuts that keep your hands on the keyboard
- An end to macro mystery — how you can automate many tasks using macros
*NOTE: This seminar is delivered via computer-less training to ensure you won't waste valuable time entering data, correcting mistakes and waiting for other seminar attendees to catch up. You'll receive a handy workbook guide that summarizes key tips for easy reference once you return to the office.
Continuing Education Credit
This course qualifies for 6 Intermediate Computer Science CPE credits. Already attended this course? You can obtain a certificate documenting your CPE credits by visiting our certificate page. Certificates will be available 10 days after your event has ended. You can find more information on CPE credits, including a complete list of eligible courses, in our FAQs.
Looking for more? Check out all of our Excel training solutions!