Microsoft® Excel® Basics
Become a confident, capable Excel 2007 and 2010 user with this customized Excel training!
Covers Excel 2007 and 2010
Microsoft Excel is one of today's most powerful and versatile business tools, but if you're not familiar with its basic functions, formulas, commands and keystrokes, you're setting yourself up for frustration and disappointment. This Excel
for beginners training seminar gives you strong fundamentals to build on. With the basic Excel training you'll learn how to use charts, graphs, fonts, borders, shading and more — and produce spreadsheets that communicate better and really get attention. You'll discover professional Excel tips for brilliant, distinctive output every time, on every worksheet.
This one-day workshop will show you how to turn Excel into your most powerful productivity ally. You'll learn hundreds of Excel tips to help you work faster, smarter and savvier than ever before!
With just one class of Excel training, we'll show you how to:
- Master Excel formulas and functions
- Design and organize professional looking worksheets
- Add charts and graphs to give your spreadsheets a visual punch
- Copy, move, delete, insert or replace anything in your worksheet with ease
- Solve common printing problems and end irritating surprises once and for all
- Create and use simple macros that save time and sidestep mistakes
- And much more!
What our Customers are Saying...
Take a quick tour of Excel basics!
- Shortcut menus: the most efficient ways to access commands for any task
- Help for Help! How to find what you need in Help without endless searching and scrolling
- How to select cells or ranges of cells — 2 methods to choose from
- Excel Workbooks: the backbone to efficient file management
- How to find a single file or a particular workbook in record time
Build a worksheet from the ground up
- What to consider before you create a worksheet — expert advice on building a worksheet framework that will accomplish your objectives
- Tips for entering text and numbers, and a super-quick way to cancel or confirm your entry
- Ways to copy and move data without anxiety
- The view you need — how to zoom in or zoom out of the worksheet
- When titles and labels keep moving out of view: techniques to freeze them in place while you move around your worksheet
Harness the real power behind the numbers
- Formula and Function basics — on-the-mark advice that will end confusion once and for all
- Mathematical formulas made easy: how to subtract, multiply or divide data
- Basic Excel functions that let you calculate averages, percentages and much more using built-in predefined formulas
Learn the techniques that produce visually exciting worksheets!
- The secrets to attractive, readable worksheets: 5 formatting guidelines that apply to any worksheet you produce
- How to control alignment, decimals, dollar signs and more — in one easy operation
- Fonts, shading and borders that increase the readability and attractiveness of your worksheet
Get the output you want without trial-and-error printing
- Print Options: the many choices Excel gives you to customize your printing. Plus, how to add headers, footers and page numbers to a worksheet
- No more strange page breaks — how to set manual page breaks and ensure that your titles and labels print on every page
Add impact and visual punch to your data
- An easy-to-understand glossary of the terms used in charting and graphing data
- The Chart Wizard — how to easily produce vivid, exciting charts to accompany your data, even if you're a total novice
- Where to actually put your chart: all about embedded charts, separate charts and chart sheets within a workbook
Gain speed, efficiency and ease at every session!
- Steps to customize Excel and achieve maximum personal productivity
- Large worksheets with Split Windows — the best way to effortlessly view distant figures side by side
- A practical look at database basics to get you started
- For mouse-haters: a quick guide to shortcuts that keep your hands on the keyboard
- An end to macro mystery — how you can automate many tasks using macros
*NOTE: This seminar is delivered via computer-less training to ensure you won't waste valuable time entering data, correcting mistakes and waiting for other seminar attendees to catch up. You'll receive a handy workbook guide that summarizes key tips for easy reference once you return to the office.
Looking for more? Check out all of our Excel training solutions!
1-Day Seminar - US $79.00
Groups of 5 or more: $74.00
Washington, DC - May 11th
Washington, DC - February 19th
Wilmington, DE - March 12th
Annapolis, MD - February 11th
Annapolis, MD - May 4th
Baltimore, MD - February 24th
Baltimore, MD - May 13th
College Park, MD - February 9th
College Park, MD - May 18th
Frederick, MD - May 7th
Frederick, MD - February 11th
Jessup, MD - May 14th
Salisbury, MD - March 17th
Towson, MD - February 26th
Allentown, PA - March 26th
Altoona, PA - April 1st
Chambersburg, PA - March 17th
Dubois, PA - March 30th
Greensburg, PA - April 23rd
Harrisburg, PA - March 10th
Harrisburg, PA - June 2nd
King Of Prussia, PA - March 10th
Lancaster, PA - March 24th
Lancaster, PA - June 10th
Reading, PA - March 24th
York, PA - March 3rd
Fairfax, VA - February 17th
Fairfax, VA - May 20th
Fredericksburg, VA - May 7th
Fredericksburg, VA - February 4th
Harrisonburg, VA - May 18th
Lynchburg, VA - February 9th
Richmond, VA - February 4th
Richmond, VA - May 20th
Winchester, VA - February 2nd
Winchester, VA - May 6th
Bring this training to your location
Have a group of 15 or more? Try Private Team Training! Bring this topic — or any of our 200+ topics — to your location with customized On-Site Training.
Request a personalized quote today!
Continuing Education Certificates
You can obtain a certificate documenting your professional credits by visiting our certificate page.
Certificates will be available 10 days after your event has ended. You can find more information on credits, including a complete list of eligible courses here.