The Controller's Workshop
Develop up-to-date policies and procedures to gain control of costs and accurately
analyze your organization's financial performance
Behind every successful organization, there's a great financial manager …
Your job as your organization's controller means that it's up to you to juggle people,
projects, finances, budgets, and purchases … not to mention other critical
duties like staying on top of state and federal regulatory agency requirements,
providing complex financial data at a moment's notice, and overseeing the financial
policies and direction of your organization.
Managers, CEOs, CFOs, investors, and company stakeholders — all depend on the
accurate financial data, forecasting, analysis, and reporting that controllers provide.
How can you work more effectively? Do your job more efficiently? How do other controllers
at some of today's largest organizations manage their myriad of responsibilities
(while keeping their sanity!)? What are the latest and greatest "best practices"
you can adopt to make your own job easier?
The Controller's Workshop is an intensive, fast-paced look at how to improve
your day-to-day job performance by working smarter — not harder or longer
(you already put in enough hours in a day!). You'll discover an incredible amount
of information, ideas, how-to's, and tools for improving your accounting team's
performance, enhancing your financial reporting skills, maintaining successful internal
controls, monitoring cash flow, controlling costs, and much, much more.
Join your peers for a powerful day of results-focused learning!
This workshop is a golden opportunity for you to join other controllers who share
your on-the-job responsibilities, challenges, triumphs, and frustrations. It's a
day designed to deliver the training you need to streamline your processes and procedures,
explore new ideas and strategies for improving productivity, and become a more effective
leader, manager, and communicator.
Keep your finger on the financial pulse of your organization
As the driving force behind your organization's financial performance, it's up to
you to develop and maintain the systems, policies, and procedures that ensure accurate
reporting, analysis, evaluations, and asset management. The Controller's Workshop
will help you:
- Evaluate your current accounting policies and procedures, and revise them if necessary
- Establish an effective internal controls framework
- Use forecasting tools to create a more accurate financial picture
- Utilize pricing models to price products and services
- Accurately track costs to maintain optimum cash flow
- Quickly identify and mitigate fraud within your organization
Your business looks to you for financial leadership. This intensive workshop will
help you tackle a broad range of financial issues head on, from monitoring controls
and cash flow to advising upper management on purchases, hiring, expansion, and
other areas that are directly affected by financial performance.
What our Customers are Saying...
Enhance your reputation as a first-rate controller
- How to use the expectations of your stakeholders to successfully define your role
- Tips for "marketing yourself" to your organization's top executives and
increasing your value
- What CEOs and CFOs really want and expect from the controller at their organization
— and learn how to give it to them!
- How to let non-financial staff members know what they can do to make your job easier
Effective operations: heading up your accounting team
- How to ensure the structure of accounting operations aligns with the goals and objectives
of the organization
- 5 ways to ensure that your accounting team enjoys greater job satisfaction
- 8 critical directives for establishing effective accounting policies and procedures
- Tips for identifying and capitalizing on your accounting department's strengths
- Do your outsourcing contracts align with the needs of your organization? How to
ensure you've chosen the right outsourcing partner
Reporting: strategies to streamline, organize, and improve performance
- 8 keys to a faster end-of-month close
- 3 steps that will help you become an expert on complex accounting matters
- Ways to safeguard and protect any judgmental accounting, reporting, and disclosure
decisions you make
- When general accounting principles aren't enough — how to use advanced analysis
and forecasting tools to tell the true story of your company's health and performance
- How to accurately track costs to maintain optimum cash flow
- How to use the Variance Report as a tool in building your budget
- What you need to be aware of to price products and services accurately
Internal Controls: how to improve processes and procedures
- Tools, tips, and strategies for establishing a rock-solid internal control framework
- Preparation techniques that will set you up for a successful audit
- How to respond appropriately to audit findings and results
- Leverage a successful audit and internal control structure to increase your worth
and value to your company
Fraud identification and mitigation
- Who in your organization is capable of fraud? The answers may surprise you!
- The fraud triangle: Perceived Pressure; Rationalization; Perceived Opportunity
- Accounting and analytical anomalies that may indicate trouble
- Out-of-the-ordinary spending habits, extravagance, unusual behavior, and other employee
red flags that may point to fraudulent activities
Communicating effectively with non-financial professionals
- Key terms non-financial people must understand to ensure accuracy and consistency
- 3 ways you can encourage your staff to help make your job easier and less stressful
- Is there a financial "language gap" in your organization? We'll show you
how to close it
- Methods to simplify your presentation style and create more user-friendly documents