Good design doesn't just happen …
It takes special skills to assemble the headlines, text and graphics of a printed
page so they catch a reader's eye and elicit the response you want.
Once you learn these basic design skills, you can apply them any time you need to
communicate ideas on paper swiftly, clearly and effectively. This program helps
"desktop publishers" of every level understand and practice the fundamentals of
effective graphic design.
Are you in charge of "making it look good"? This training gives you the
essential design principles you need.
You'll learn the skills that can move your layout and design talents into a whole
different league. Once you learn and use your new skills, you'll see your publications
take on a fresh and exciting look that people will notice and want to read. Newsletters,
ads, press releases, even number-heavy reports and proposals — all of them
will benefit from the know-how you gain from this skill-packed course.
It's that fast and effective because …
- The course content is built around topics with the greatest payback for graphic
design novices. It doesn't waste your time on ideas and techniques you'll seldom
use or need.
- There's not a computer in sight (they just slow things down and detract from the
learning), and what you learn applies to virtually any desktop publishing system.
- You don't have to take volumes of notes (each participant receives a course manual
that captures the key points).
- You get involved — examples, overheads, audience participation and hands-on
exercises drive home important principles.
You'll put the skills and insights you learn to work immediately — on your
own computer … with your own documents … and at your own pace. But
most important, you'll like this course because you'll see your work get better
and better with every document you design.
Create layouts that demand to be read …
This all-new CareerTrack course does more than show you how to arrange elements
on a page for maximum impact and readability. It takes you beyond the "here's-how-you-do-it"
stage … and explains why you're doing it. As a result, you'll not only get
under the skin of good design, but also venture into the minds of your readers …
- You'll see how to add interest and drama to the dullest of topics.
- You'll learn to guide your readers where you want them to go.
- You'll discover how to hit the visual hot buttons that give you the reader reaction
you're hoping for.
Plus, you'll learn the nitty-gritty that other courses tend to ignore — like
how to talk the lingo of printers, paper suppliers and prepress technicians.
Is this seminar for you? Yes, if you fit any part of this profile …
- You've been charged with creating newsletters, ads, reports, press releases and
the like — but lack formal training.
- Document design has always been a part of your job — but every piece you produce
ends up looking the same as the others.
- You want your printed materials to reflect a more upbeat, professional image for
- Your people look to you for graphic guidance — but you're sometimes as unsure
as they are.
- As a desktop publisher, you're good at using your hardware and software —
now you only need help with design.
In one fast-paced day, you'll learn to captivate attention and convey any message
with speed, impact and clarity. Don't miss this opportunity to take your design
skills to the next level — and give all your printed pieces a more polished,
To find out more about How to Design Eye-Catching Brochures, Newsletters, Ads,
and Reports, contact our customer service department at
email@example.com or by phone at (800) 780-8476.