The Management Conference
Spend a day with us and gain powerful tools to become an effective manager with this management training workshop
Discover the management techniques that get results.
The best managers and supervisors aren't born that way. They develop the skills
needed to successfully juggle the many tasks each day brings. They learn to give
clear direction, make their ideas known, and resolve conflicts. These highly effective
managers and supervisors know how to do their jobs by adopting proven techniques
and applying them to their unique situations.
The Management Conference course is designed for busy people like you busy
professionals who recognize the value of others' experience and want to benefit
from it. In just one day of training, you'll gain ideas and tools that you'll start using the
very next workday.
This one-day class is like no other
program you've attended. It addresses
specific areas of knowledge and action that are essential to facing your daily challenges,
- Learning basic management skills
- Communicating effectively
- Delegating responsibility
- Motivating employees
- Building a strong team
- Overcoming employee attitude, performance, and emotional problems
- Managing change
You'll come away from this course with renewed enthusiasm and confidence, ready
to be the kind of manager or supervisor who can negotiate the dynamic workplace
of the 21st Century. It's an opportunity for growth that will help you find your
place among the ranks of the very best.
What you'll gain in a single day:
- A learning experience tailored to your needs. Your schedule is up to you.
Our 2-track, 4-session format allows you to pick and choose, mix and match. Attend
the sessions that will give you what you want. It's a smorgasbord of opportunities
to improve your performance.
- A chance to learn from the people who know. The techniques and insights you'll
come away with are not "theoretical." They've been perfected and sharpened
through experience. You'll learn from the people in the trenches.
- Ideas and methods you can apply as soon as you're back on the job. Chances
are, before you're an hour into your next workday, you'll have an opportunity to
put what you've learned into practice. Before the day is over, you'll see your effectiveness
What our Customers are Saying...
Track One: Becoming a More Effective Manager and Leader
Session 1: From First-Time Manager to Seasoned Professional
- This session will give you an overview of basic management skills and help you identify
and overcome common problems. You'll leave with the knowledge you need to maximize
your performance and the performance of people you manage.
Session 2: Managing Multiple Projects and Priorities
- How do you decide which task to tackle first when they're all "urgent"?
How do you decide what's really urgent and what's just important? How do you keep
tabs on several projects at once without losing your cool? In this session, you'll
learn ways to set priorities and manage tasks more efficiently.
Session 3: Powerful Communication Skills
- Communication is more than what you say it's how you say
it. Clear communication is among the most important tools of effective management.
This session will give you the keys to successful communication, so you can get
your position and ideas across.
Session 4: Making the Transition from Manager to Leader
- There's a world of difference between managing and leading. This session will show
you how to draw on every inner resource you have, and become the kind of leader
who inspires others to perform at peak capacity.
Track Two: Overcoming Management and Supervisory Challenges
Session 1: Overcoming Negativity and Attitude Problems in the Workplace
- Negativity and bad attitudes constitute one of the most difficult challenges a manager
or supervisor will ever face. This session will show you how to identify the causes
of negativity and attitude problems, help you develop a strategy for addressing
them, and reveal ways to create a work environment that encourages cooperation and
Session 2: Using Criticism and Discipline to Turn Around Problem Employees
- The ability to criticize or discipline employees without breaking their spirit is
among the most important skills a manager must develop. Learn how to avoid making
others defensive so that your message gets through, what should happen if the problem
doesn't go away, and how you can turn a negative situation into a positive experience
for the employee and for you.
Session 3: How to Handle Anger and Emotion in the Workplace
- Learn how to manage emotions yours and others'. You'll leave with tools to
help you react appropriately when the anger is directed at you, and you'll be able
to defuse potentially explosive situations.
Session 4: Managing Through Change
- Change is constant that's a given. How to be an effective manager or supervisor
in the midst of change is not. This session will show you what steps to take when
change threatens jobs and how to communicate change and position it positively.