Sales & Use Tax Workshop
Cut time, save money, and avoid legal hassles while keeping your bottom line accurate
Get sales and use tax answers that keep your company legal and you out
of hot water!
- Receive tips and techniques that may save your organization thousands in penalties
- Gain new insights into the most commonly misunderstood aspects of sales and use
- Learn the sales and use tax requirements in your state and all other jurisdictions
where you have tax liability
- Discover where to find the latest changes in sales and use tax laws that govern
- Be able to protect your company against audit surprises
- Explore tax savings opportunities and exemptions you may not be aware of
- Understand how e-trade is affected by sales and use tax
- Find out how to streamline your recordkeeping without putting your company at risk
- And even more you'll put to use immediately on the job!
If you have questions about sales and use tax laws, you're not alone. There are
7,500 different taxing jurisdictions in the United States alone, and they routinely
tax the same products differently. It's easy to understand why our sales and use
tax laws are considered among the most complicated in the world.
To add to your challenge, state governments are aggressively pursuing new avenues
of taxation. Faced with a slumping economy, they want a bigger piece of the revenue
pie. Clearly, your job has never been more difficult — or important —
to your organization.
Get the information you need — not generalities.
Some sales and use tax seminars offered by other companies give you a cursory overview
of sales and use tax with little of the practical, real-world information you need
to correctly handle day-to-day tax questions. This seminar is different. At the
end of the day, you'll leave with essential information you can put to use right
away. You'll understand sales and use tax and be able to apply it correctly for
your organization. That's a lot of value for the investment of only one day.
What our Customers are Saying...
Understand the law and what it means for your company
- The difference between a sales tax and a use tax
- The key factors that determine which tax applies in each situation
- 4 types of tax states and how each affects your legal obligations
- Ways to steer clear of the most common — and costly — use tax pitfall
- How to identify where your company has nexus for sales and use tax purposes
- What constitutes an out-of-state connection strong enough to incur tax collection
Master the mysteries of multi-state transactions
- How to know which tax rate applies when multiple jurisdictions have competing claims
- Internet sales — what the Internet Tax Freedom Act is and how it affects your
- The possible use of the mail-order use tax on your customers
- How to avoid triggering tax liabilities in other states
- How to know if a vendor is illegally charging you tax
Understand taxation for the most common transactions in your industry
- The correct way to value self-constructed assets for use tax purposes
- Common inventory withdrawals that are subject to use taxes
- The most prevalent filing mistakes and how to prevent them
- What tax breaks your industry is entitled to
- Providing services — how to know when you're supposed to pay sales tax
- The often misunderstood general rule on taxation of computer software
- The correct way to treat taxation of transportation and shipping charges
Maintain records that stand up under fire in an audit
- The best answer to the question: Why are you doing it that way?
- 2 statements you must never make to an auditor
- Recordkeeping essentials — including exemption documentation
- Best practices to ensure you have the right support in an audit
- Where to look for exemptions and exceptions
- When you are personally liable for tax mistakes and how to make sure this never
- What to do immediately if taxes have been overpaid
- The consequences of underpayment — important information about what to expect
1-Day Seminar - US $249.00
Groups of 3 or more: $229.00
New Haven, CT - June 15th
Dover, DE - July 22nd
Springfield, MA - June 2nd
Atlantic City, NJ - July 24th
Edison, NJ - March 17th
Freehold, NJ - March 3rd
Parsippany, NJ - March 18th
Princeton, NJ - July 23rd
Islandia, NY - March 20th
Middletown, NY - March 5th
New York, NY - March 19th
Poughkeepsie, NY - March 6th
White Plains, NY - March 4th
Allentown, PA - July 17th
King Of Prussia, PA - July 30th
Lancaster, PA - July 29th
Reading, PA - July 28th
Stroudsburg, PA - July 27th
Bring this training to your location
Have a group of 15 or more? Try Private Team Training! Bring this topic — or any of our 200+ topics — to your location with customized On-Site Training.
Request a personalized quote today!
Continuing Education Certificates
You can obtain a certificate documenting your professional credits by visiting our certificate page.
Certificates will be available 10 days after your event has ended. You can find more information on credits, including a complete list of eligible courses here.