The Social Media Marketing Conference
Real-world strategies, ideas, and solutions for harnessing the power of social media
and putting it to work for your organization
Increase your Internet presence
connect with customers
and take full advantage of all that social media has to offer!
In just a few short years, social media has grown exponentially. What used to be
primarily a way to keep up with "friends" and view funny videos is now
a powerhouse marketing machine embraced wholeheartedly by businesses from
smaller startups to midrange companies to today's largest, most respected corporations.
Twitter®, YouTube™, Blogs, Groupon™,
Tumblr, StumbleUpon, Delicious, Reddit,
the possibilities are overwhelming!
How do you decide which social media platforms are right for your business when
there are so many out there? What are the differences? Which will best help you
achieve your goals? How do you create a cross-platform campaign that will build
brand awareness, increase revenue, drive traffic to your website and help you interact
effectively with customers and prospects?
The Social Media Marketing Conference A one-way ticket to social media
This conference was designed to help you navigate the "first tier" and
"second tier" platforms, boost your social media marketing savvy, and
discover how to reap the many benefits that go hand in hand with a smart, well-though-out
social media marketing campaign. Explore the latest trends in social media, take
a look at exciting new marketing techniques, and gain a social media "tool
box" chock full of tools, tips, tricks, and how-to's.
Did you know
- There are more than 750 million active users on Facebook
- More than 2.5 million websites have integrated with Facebook, including more than
80 of comScore's U.S. Top 100 websites and over half of comScore's Global Top 100
- According to a study by PR firm Burson-Marsteller (Global Social Media Check-Up
2010), of the 100 largest companies on the Fortune 500 list, 79% of them use Twitter,
Facebook, YouTube or corporate blogs to communicate with customers and other stakeholders
- U.S. Internet users spent 22.7% of their time on social networking sites
up 43% from the 15.8% they spent in 2009, according to an August 2010 study by The
Nielsen Co. In comparison, this study found that users spent just 8.3% of their
online time reading and sending emails
We'll explore social media's hot new creative developments, look at cutting-edge
media strategies you can deploy right away, and share a wealth of eye-opening ideas
for integrating social media into your overall marketing plan. Spend one phenomenal
day with us and become a social media marketing superstar!
What our Customers are Saying...
Shared Introductory Session: What's All the Buzz About Social Media?
In this session, join both instructors for an eye-opening look at social media:
what it is, how it works, the latest trends and developments, and what you need
to be aware of to fully utilize its powers for your own organization. This session
will guide you in defining your social media goals, and help you decide which conference
track and/or individual sessions are the best fit for you.
Track 1: Social Media Content
This track focuses on the creative side of social media and is designed for people
who are interested in writing and posting content, and for those just getting into
the social media arena.
Social Media 101 A Social Media Primer
With so many platforms to choose from, how do you decide which is right for your
business? In this session we'll introduce you to all the main social media platforms
and explain which sites are best for building your business, increasing internet
presence, boosting site traffic, and communicating with customers. You'll learn:
- How to get started on Presence platforms like Facebook and LinkedIn
- Strategies for using Communications platforms such as Twitter and blogs
- What Check-In platforms like Foursquare and Whrrl have to offer
- When to utilize Media Sharing platforms like YouTube, Jing, and StumbleUpon
Where to Post, When to Post, and What to Say in Your Posts
Confused about where to post, when to post, even what to say in your posts? This
session walks you through your options and shows you where you should spend your
time and efforts for optimum ROI. We'll also clue you in on what kind of content
will best satisfy customer expectations, offer value, create interest, and keep
your readers coming back for more.
- Learn to leverage the power of social media without spending hours at it every day
- Discover how often you should be active on each of the platforms you've included
in your social media marketing campaign
- Find out what kind of content you should post to boost reader interest, drive site
traffic, and support your business' marketing goals
Finding Your Social Media "Writing Voice"
Writing for social media is different from other types of business writing you may
be familiar with. Your audience, message, and method of delivery all differ greatly
from corporate America's typical memos, emails, reports, and letters. In this session,
you'll discover best practices, writing tools, and techniques for communicating
via the primary platforms, and creating content that is relevant, interesting, informative,
- How writing for a social audience differs from writing for a "regular"
- Creating compelling content that keeps readers coming back
- How much content can you reuse, recycle, and repurpose?
- How to come across as authentic, personable, friendly, and knowledgeable
- Using key words successfully, without sounding like you're trying too hard
- Tips, tools, and tricks for creating killer headlines and irresistible openings
Today's Social Media Successes Case Studies and Examples
Everyone on the planet seems to be feverishly tweeting, updating, blogging, posting
but who's actually successful at it? In this module, we'll provide you with
examples of companies who have authentic social media presences that reflect their
corporate values and identities. You'll see how they are able to leverage the power
of the platforms without compromising who they are, and you'll discover how modeling
their social media successes will help you achieve your own.
- Examples of corporations, small businesses, not-for-profits, educational organizations,
and more who are using the power of social media to market their businesses successfully
Track 2: Social Media Strategy
This track focuses on the strategic side of social media and is designed for people
who are trying to get their company started in social media and/or are interested
in optimizing their existing social media presence.
Why Use Social Media? What Can It Do for You?
As more and more individuals and businesses climb aboard the social media bandwagon,
you may be wondering if it's all really worth it. In this module, we'll show you
how social media can be used successfully to market products and services, promote
your name and brand, generate leads, increase revenue, build brand awareness, and
connect with customers.
- Strategies for generating revenue through social media
- Business to Business and Business to Consumer social media models
- Your customers use social media
- The marketing power of "likes," "tweets," and "comments"
- Easy ways to use social media to increase traffic to your website
- The differences between traditional marketing and social media marketing
Which Platforms Should I Be On?
Creating a marketing campaign through social media may seem overwhelming
there are so many platforms to choose from! We'll help you sort through popular
platforms and determine which will best meet your organization's social media marketing
goals. You'll also learn which platforms provide the best opportunities for expanding
your operations, advertising, distributing information about new products, services,
or other developments, networking, and keeping up with your customers.
- The "Top Tier" platforms and how to use them Facebook, YouTube,
- The "Second Tier" platform benefits you must be aware of
- Learn to harness the power of cross-platform branding
- Making social media an integrated part of your overall marketing strategy
Measuring Social Media Success
Luckily, you don't have to take the "throw it against the wall and see if it
sticks" approach to measure your social media efforts. Your social media ROI
can be measured accurately, in any number of ways: increased revenue, new customers,
brand awareness whatever results are most important to you. In this module,
you'll learn what to measure, how to measure, and how to interpret your results.
- What is the most important social media metric?
- What can you measure? Tweets? Likes? Comments? Page views?
How do you use
- The basics of Web analytics and how they can help you make good choices
- Monitoring tools that are the most effective for your needs
Successful Social Media Campaigns: Case Studies and Examples
What defines a great social media marketing campaign? A good social media campaign
engages readers, and is compelling, imaginative, and interactive. It is also targeted
to a specific market segment, and utilizes the platforms that will best reach that
targeted audience. In this module, we'll delve into real-world examples of some
highly effective campaigns, and show you how to borrow from their successes to create
- What are the elements of a successful campaign?
- Examples of successful campaigns from a variety of industries education,
not-for-profits, small business, enterprise, business-to-business, and business-to-consumer
- Best practices, tools, and tips for creating, launching, and maintaining campaigns
that accomplish what you want them to
Shared Closing Session Managing Your Reputation in Social Media
One of social media's greatest assets its interactive, all-access nature
is also its greatest shortcoming. Online reputations can be destroyed with
a single click, a negative video can go viral in an instant, and a few negative
comments can quickly morph into a collective feeding frenzy. How do you manage your
company's reputation through social media? Can you prevent negativity from tarnishing
what you've worked so hard to build? Should you even try? These are tough, timely
questions, and we'll answer them all honestly and straightforwardly
in this closing segment.