A Crash Course for the First-Time Manager or Supervisor
Effectively communicate, delegate, and manage priorities to achieve management success with this first time manager training course
1-Day Seminar - US $199.00; For groups of 5 or more, 189.00
You earned your new supervisor position … this training program will help you make the most of it!
In your previous position, you did a great job. Yet, you're smart enough to know the skills that made you a
great team player won't necessarily make you a great supervisor. For any new supervisor, training is key to success
in this role.
- It's not enough to follow directions … now you must give directions about what
gets done, when, and by whom.
- It's not enough that your projects are accurate and on time … you have to
help others keep their projects on track, and see that everyone works together.
- It's not enough to focus only on your department … suddenly you're a member
of the management team. Your new peers will expect you to have a broader perspective, including other departments.
- It's not enough to keep yourself motivated … you have to be a coach, cheerleader,
and "strong shoulder" to people who have bad days, conflicts with each other, and other demands that
you might not be able to satisfy.
Make your move into your new supervisor position smoother and more successful.
Attend this one-day class and gain all the skills and insights you need to lead with confidence
and conviction, including:
- How to start producing results right away
- Ways to avoid the problems that sabotage many new supervisors
- How to get the unvarnished truth about a new employee's position and performance
- What it takes to get productivity from people who aren't used to you being "the boss"
- How to size up your supervisor so you can give better support and get more backing in return
- How to increase your visibility and earn the respect your position deserves
Who will benefit most from this workshop?
- New supervisors and managers with less than one year of experience
- Aspiring and soon-to-be-promoted supervisors
- Experienced supervisors with little or no formal supervisor training
Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack are registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.
This course qualifies for 6 Intermediate Communication CPE credits. Already attended this course? You can obtain a certificate documenting your CPE credits by visiting our certificate page. Certificates will be available 10 days after your event has ended. You can find more information on CPE credits, including a complete list of eligible courses, in our FAQs.
To find out more about A Crash Course for the First-Time Manager or Supervisor, contact our customer service department at email@example.com or by phone at (800) 780-8476.
Washington, DC - June 5th
Annapolis, MD - June 23rd
Baltimore, MD - June 26th
College Park, MD - June 24th
Columbia, MD - June 6th
Frederick, MD - June 25th
Allentown, PA - June 2nd
Altoona, PA - March 27th
Dubois, PA - March 19th
Greensburg, PA - March 28th
Harrisburg, PA - June 4th
Lancaster, PA - June 3rd
Charlottesville, VA - June 10th
Fredericksburg, VA - June 11th
Richmond, VA - June 4th
Bring this training to your location
Have a group of 15 or more? Try Private Team Training! Bring this topic — or any of our 200+ topics — to your location with customized On-Site Training.
Request a personalized quote today!
Share this Page
Contact Customer Service