How to Become a Great Communicator
Simple techniques to improve interoffice correspondence and relationships
Your interpersonal skills: career maker or breaker?
Experts agree that your professional success depends primarily on your human relations
To see the truth in this, consider the "fast-track" professionals you
know. It's not necessarily technical expertise, hard knowledge, or even superior
intelligence that makes them so effective in their roles. It's their exceptional
skill in handling people and situations the kind of skill that propels careers,
boosts productivity, and ensures job satisfaction.
Attend this powerful one-day seminar, and you'll be empowered to
- Increase the level of help and support you get from employees, coworkers, and managers
- Project an impressive image of self-confidence, professionalism, and competency
- Take more satisfaction from your job, and increase your sense of achievement at
- End the stress that difficult people and negative situations cause you
- See your opinions and ideas accepted, acted on, and implemented
- Influence your promotions, raises, responsibilities, and future career path
Whether you work with only a few people or manage hundreds, the down-to-earth principles
you'll learn will enable you to handle anyone in any situation with more dexterity
What our Customers are Saying...
Making a Strong, Positive Impact on Others
- Vital interpersonal skills shared by the most successful professionals (and how
to incorporate them into your own work style!)
- How people respond to you, and what makes them act and react the way they do
- A test on 15 essential "people skills" that can help you discover your
hidden strengths and weaknesses
- How to recover quickly from a blunder
and how to react when others make a
- Why you must learn to work with yourself: work patterns for successful self-direction
Reading People: Tailoring Your Approach to Individuals
- An easy assessment to pinpoint anyone's personality type
so that you can
customize your approach
- The "unwritten" behavioral rules in your workplace: how to determine what's
acceptable and what's not within your particular organization
- How to fit in with any group of people
no matter how little you may have
- Personal and confidential: what to do if others expect you to keep something quiet
or cover up for them at work
- Strategies for dealing with people and situations you cannot change
Ensuring an Unforgettable First Impression
- The art of small talk
tips for conversing easily in unfamiliar settings or
with new acquaintances
- The way to control conversation by listening instead of talking, and how master
conversationalists use this fantastic technique!
- The 4-minute system: how to start off on the right foot every time, within just
4 minutes of meeting someone
- The subtle moves that draw people in
including eye contact, body language,
and physical "aura"
- How to shake hands flawlessly (and avoid 3 common handshake blunders that can tarnish
- Name power! Step-by-step methods to remember and use people's names (and guarantee
others won't forget you!)
Dealing with the Downside: Difficult People and Negative Solutions
- How to know whether to agree, disagree, or remain neutral when facing complaints:
precise parameters for handling complainers diplomatically
- 7 approaches to avoid at all costs when you're faced with complaints
- When you're wrong
how to admit mistakes and errors without losing respect
- The secret to saying "no"
how to explain your reasons and preserve
- How to react to a personal attack or insult
without backing down or letting
your self-esteem slip
- Specific tips for dealing with the most difficult office "ogres"
gossips, manipulators, sneaks, goof-offs, wallflowers, and more!
Communicating: A 2-Way Street
- Communication cues how to recognize hidden verbal and nonverbal signals (in
yourself as well as others!)
- How to direct the flow of communications whether you want to move it up,
coax it down, or get it across!
- Tips for untangling mixed signals: practical tactics to send (and receive!) crystal-clear
- How to maximize the "feedback loop" between you and your employees, peers,
- Ways to use the principles of body language to multiply your communications effectiveness
- What you can do to survive (and learn from!) constructive and destructive criticism
- The power of silence
how to communicate while actually saying nothing!
Selling Yourself and Your Ideas
- How to "work a room" and make dozens more meaningful contacts at
conventions, meetings, seminars, and other professional gatherings
- 5 deadly "career stoppers" that can put the brakes on your goals and ambitions
- Support for your career aspirations: specific ways to build and enhance key professional
- The basics of negotiation: how to hammer out agreements that make everyone feel
like a winner
- Solid steps you can take now to promote more trust and loyalty at every level of
- Strategies for presenting your ideas so that you get credit without creating jealousy
- How to open closed doors by proposing new alternatives
Polishing Your Image: Etiquette Guidelines for Professionals
- The right way to introduce people in business situations
tips for first names, titles, formal introductions, and more!
- How to sidestep 6 office manners-mishaps that can create resentment and ruin relationships
- Key etiquette differences between business functions and social functions
and how to tailor your behavior accordingly
- How to enhance your professional image (and make others feel great) with thoughtful
- The ABCs of business entertaining
including how to entertain others, and
how to be a gracious guest
- How to conform to your company's policies and "unwritten" rules on giving
and receiving gifts
without seeming cheap or ungrateful
- The etiquette of appointments: simple guidelines that ensure you're respectful of
other people's time (and that others respect yours!)
- When you've said the wrong thing
how to recover from a verbal gaffe and mend
1-Day Seminar - US $149.00
Groups of 5 or more: $139.00
Bring this training to your location
Have a group of 15 or more? Try Private Team Training! Bring this topic — or any of our 200+ topics — to your location with customized On-Site Training.
Request a personalized quote today!
Continuing Education Certificates
You can obtain a certificate documenting your professional credits by visiting our certificate page.
Certificates will be available 10 days after your event has ended. You can find more information on credits, including a complete list of eligible courses here.